454 a/c - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

454 a/c

im wondering whare the a/c compresor is monted on a 84 454, i got a compreser and at least some beakets from an 80s small block chevy pu, are the brakets the same?

if eneyone has pics of stock a/c on a 454 id like to see it, im going to finaley try to make an on bord air set up but ill ask qwesgens about seting that up once i get it mounted

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 11:40 AM
gregmgm

Re: 454 a/c

On my 78 GMC 350 to 454 conversion, I needed new brackets, and I used the same compressor. People I know who use air con compressors for air seem to be very happy with them. If you think yours is similar, I'd be happy to email you a photo or 2. I cant post photos. Greg
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

id love to see some pics,im shure ther about the same, this was eather a 305 or 350 and it was like about an 82 id guess,my e mail is [email protected] or you could post them hear witch evers eysaeer

so you have heard thay work well? good cus i was a litel woreyed it wouldent hold up but i think if i put an in line oiler on the intake it should be fine then ill run it to a mabey 2-5 galon air tank in the tool box in the bed of my truck with a presher switch so it shuts off when the tank is full

we pulled a yourk styel 2 piston a/c pump out of an old moter home at work that i was going to use but one of the rods was busted and the ceank was ruined, i figure this should be eyseyer eneyway with the right brakets rather than trying to get some made

thanks, cant whate to see the pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2004, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

ok i ordered my a/c brakets and i got a presher switch, regulater, blow off valve, water separater and oler so all i need now is a tank, iv been thinking more and id like to be abel to use an impact gun with it, do you think a 10 gaoln tank would be bigenuf?

allso i think i may be geting a york compreser from a 70s datson z 240, i think ill just see how well the stock pump holds up and if it dies on me ill put the york in, the #s on the top are 980.86 and 12-5516 and on the back 12-5586 and 12-5473, dose eneyone know what model this compreser is or whare i can find more info. on it

and one last thing, would thare be a componey that makes brakets for york punps to mount chevy engens or would i need one fabed?

thanks for all the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode