Join Date: Jul 2003
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: damn cops hassling me about tires
I just got to chime in on this being a cop myself:
1. What else is going on? I have been known to pull people over for stupid stuff to find out if there is other "Problems" and have been pulled over my self for some of the same crap. chances are if they don't cite then they are looking for something more. Does your truck "drift" in the lane (drunk?) often found in a bad part of town? (posible criminal activity)
2. Is it alway's the same dept./officer or area, it may be part of something else (like that stupid seat belt federal grant, where they have to write a bunch of seatbelt tickets in a certain amout of time, my dept. doesn't do that one.) but if your truck only has the lap belt or the cops can't see your belt that may be causeing it.
3. have you done something else to attract unwanted attention. we have several in my area that I will pull over for anything. ( always drunk, known drugies. etc.) it allows us to investigate what is going on.
4. Is your truck just something unique. cops are car people too. and like to check out nice stuff. I didn't actully do it becouse I got pulled away for another call but I recently was going to make a stop on a nice 427 cobra replica mostly to BS with the driver (no front plate)
5. has this just started with new tires or have you been driving on them for awile and just started getting this attention? are your tires really rare for you area? they aren't for mine.
6. is your truck just plain a rolling violation: too tall, tires not covered by fenders, no mud flaps, muddy plates, aftermarket high power lights, no muffler/to loud.
7. have you given people in you area reason to complain about your activities? after I get a couple of complaints about a certain car then I start watching them more carefully.
Just some thoughts along with the others given.