aluminum aradiader - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

aluminum aradiader

i have a big desel 3 core eadeator in my truck and its leeking pritey bad and i think its pritey pluged up to and thats why my trucks been running so hot

i called 1 800 raidaders and thay wanted $300 for a 4 core, i was thinking about sumits 31x19 in. aluminum radeader with 2 1in. cores it seas it will out cool a 4 core and i have 2500 cfm fans, do you think this will keep a 454 with cam, pistons, 750 carb, intake, header cool?,

i know its a bit smaller than mine but i dont think mine is doing mutch, summit sead it should be fine as long as its under 12 to 1 compreshon, i dont know what kind of pistons its got but ther hier comreshon,it will still run on 92 octane so its probley under 12 to 1?

what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: aluminum aradiader

I got a 3 core from Advance Auto for $117 and they offered a 4 core for $170something I think. Take you measurements and then go to the store and dig through the catalogs.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

wow thats a relley good price, the one one im looking at is about $180 and if it can do the job im gona get it, and aluminum raidaters look sweet to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

i ended up geting the alumunum radeater and got it in, it took some mesing arownd since its smaller but with it and just the electric fans i had my running temp droped 30 to 35 degres, it dosent sound like mutch but its so mutch beter

now im looking at 2 more fans and a 30% higher flow water pump, shold be nine and cool then
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 05:54 PM
gregmgm

Could you post after putting in the higher flow water pump? I'm interested in knowing how much of a difference it makes.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

you bet, it may be a whiel before i get one im geting marid next month so im not gona have mutch money, i think i was looking at geting a welend

dose eneyone know how to tell if its a long or short water pump?, its like an 82-84 454 from a suberben i think
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

this seems trange, if i start my truck coold and let it warm up just enufe to drive it runs up to about 220 but ig i let it worm up all the way to about 200 then drive it it stay right thare

could this be a bad t- stat?, or mabey the gage is crap, i have an after market temp ga
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

ok i should have just lisened to evreyone before, i put in a new micanical temp gage i put the senser whare the stock one was and my tem is about 180, next time ill lisen [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Speedbumps_Suck

The short water pump should sit pretty tight against the block, the long one will have a large gap behind it, almost enough to stick your hand down behind the water pump. Keep in mind this is looking straight down at the water pump from above.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

cool thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode