What's it worth? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Bassin

What\'s it worth?

There is a truck for sale down the street from me. It is a 78 K20 with a 400 SBC, 400 transmission, np205, 14bff, and a D44. Owner says it has a cam, intake and headers. All the rust on the truck has been repaired and painted primer gray. It also has a spray in bed liner and aftermarket bucket seats. Interior is in good condition. Looks like the person was building it to be a nice truck but wants to sell it now for some reason. The asking price is $2,000, but it's been for sale for aleast a month now. How much do you think I should offer the guy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 02:17 AM

Re: What\'s it worth?

drive it if its driveabel, or find out what it would take to get it driveabel and go from thare
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 04:27 AM
HOEBOGGER

I would probably start with offering $1,000, or maybe even $1,200. You might want to tell him your only working with $1,500, and you'll need some of that to put into the truck, unless he wants to do any necessary repairs or what not if it needs anything. Obviously, drive it, look at the possible upcoming maintenance, etc. Consider mileage and all the basics while looking at any buy. And if it comes down to it, give him the two grand he's asking and consider it a steal. Cause from what I hear, it is. Even if you decided to just part it out you could make a profit if you handled it right. A good Full Floating 14 bolt and Dana 44 is worth enough to come out even at least. Good luck. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I paid $1900 for my truck. It was unmolested with 63,000 miles and a lot of rust. With hindsight, I should've waited to find a different truck. But the low mileage really caught my attention and the fact that it was only serviced by the dealership.

I don't like the 73-80 body style and I prefer to fix the rust myself... but I'd probably be willing to pay as much as $1700 for it. The thing that has my eye is that it has a 400SB in it.

I'd offer 1550 then he'll probably say "no" and say "I'd really like to get 1800..." and then tell him you'll see if you can borrow some money from your parents. Come back a few days later with 1700 and he'll probably take it. It all depends on how bad you want it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode