1970 K/5 Blazer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 09:30 PM
GMFDBob

1970 K/5 Blazer

My buddy said he'd finally sell me his Blazer. Its a 1970, K/5 Blazer, V8, 4 speed manual tranny on the col., Dana 20 transfer case, Dana 44 front and 12 bolt rear. The body is in 24 year old truck shape, few rust holes here and there, stripped out carpet, swapped in seats, the rear lift gate window is missing, big dent in the top of the tail gate from last year's ice storm and a tree branch, it needs a rear end rebuild and rear break lines. Other than that the body's strait and there isn't any bad rust, its a Southern truck so its not all rusted out. He said he'd settle on $1,000 bucks, I'm thinking thats pretty fair price for and old classic Blazer. What do you all think, I have a 76 Toyota Land Cruiser and when it comes to 4 wheeling, I like old classic trucks not these new jeeps and Tacomas. Do you think its a good price or should I talk him down? I don't have a ton of money, I'm a college student, so I'm not going to restore it for a few years, mostly just get it on the road and looking half way nice. If I got it the only thing I'd do is put a soft top on it, throw a cheap paint job on it, and some 31's mud tires and make it a daily driver. Let me know what you all think, Thanks

[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]Bobby Schleier, Greenville, SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: 1970 K/5 Blazer

Of course I'd try to talk him down, but I'd probably pay $1000 for it. I really like that old body style, with the entire roof being removable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode