whats ur funniest 4 wheelin incident? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 10:01 PM
honda_stomper

whats ur funniest 4 wheelin incident?

hey
i want to know what was the funniest thing that happened to u while offroadin or just driving on the road!
thanx!! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: whats ur funniest 4 wheelin incident?

Spaz hitting my tire with an axe. It's also my most expensive. And the one that pisses me off most. And the one that keeps my truck out of the woods because I don't have any tires.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 10:59 PM

Pictures worth a thousand words:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Mud in my Veins

Neighbor of mine thought it'd be fun to play around on the edge of a swamp so I told him not to go far since we just had a 30 ft strap. Of course he just hauls out there as far as he can and I ended up sinking to the axles when I tried to pull him out. You can see in these super ****ty pictures that the mud looks more like expanding foam... really nasty stuff. To top it off, a 5 foot long moccasin took up shelter under the jeep so he grabbed his pistol when he went back to hook up the strap, but those things are mean and he didn't seem to be afraid of the gun [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]

Even the sweetarse mud flames (3rd pic) couldn't help the jeep once he got way out there [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 09:39 AM

I don't have any pics yet, but will get some today. I took the 89 out yesterday, trying to find a way to a trial behind the house. I finally made one, and went wheeling down the trial. I haven't been there in awhile, since I had my 4 wheeler. For the most part, the trail is open, only branches scratching the truck. Then I get to a wooded part. After figuring out the best way to go, I head between to trees. This is an uphill trail, and having open axles doesn't help any. So I go around this tree, then cut back to miss another, and then I heard a hissing sound. Didn't think anything of it at first, just kept going. Sort of. I didn't want to go anywhere, just spins. Hmm. Get out only to see the right rear tire popped off the bead and folded under the truck. I can't go up, basically stuck, and can't go down, a big a$$ tree branch is right at my back window. After a few minutes trying to figure out how to get out, I tried to back up some, maybe get away from this branch. Well, didn't work that way. The branch was an old maple, and didn't budge at all, but the back window did, all over my back and on the seat. Crap, and I'm about a mile in the woods. How the $%&# am I gonna get it outta here?? So I trudged back to the house, grabbed a bottle jack, 4 way, and one snow tire off the 97. Pushed the tire all the way there, and my back is paying for now. And for being a nice meaty mud/snow tire, it sucked in the mud. Almost got stuck on the trail getting to the road. I'll take some pics of the carnage and some of the trail. What fun. Hopefully next weekend I can do it again!!!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Did he pop the snake?

Anyway

I found the 13 rocks that are in SD piled up in one place. I managed to crawl up and down (but not over, small pond on the other side) the bigger rocks, but when I came off of a 30" or so tall one captain 14BFF the field plow landed on a 10" rock and put a tire in the air. Open rear so no tractiont here, front tires in the dirt and a little throttle killed a D44 stub, promptly went home and started shopping for a D60. $1700 fix for a stub shaft.... (that was a lot of stuff not just the 60)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1283117-Stuck - RJ\'s Pissed.jpg (83.0 KB, 6 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 05:27 PM

Id say it was when I tryed to flex out my truck on a small gravel pile, then I posted the pic on a off-road board...and to this day I keep getting burned about it...oh well [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Resurrection_Joe

I think it was when you started you're anti flatbed pro tailgate campaign

We'll go to moab, 04 or 05 Drey
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 12:36 AM

Well whenever we go, just remember its your truck that gets to do all the hardcore stuff, cuz even if I do get the money to rebuild my motor, lift my truck and throw 33s or 35s under it Im still going to have to keep my box, I need the dang thing.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Resurrection_Joe

Oh gee thanks for letting the one ton slidered 4' wide flatbed 38" TSL locked crossovered shaved caged chop top truck go instead of the amazing stockaroo!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode