TH400 or TH350 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 06:31 PM
GMFDBob

TH400 or TH350

Hey, I'm looking to buy a 73-75 K5 Blazer or Jimmy, because I love the full convertable top and I think these trucks are awesome . I came accross a guy who has a '73 and a '74 K5, the '74 has a 350 4 bolt main, TH400 Tranny, he wants like 3K for the truck, the other one is a '73, with a 350 3 bolt main, with a TH350 tranny. My Ford guy said that the TH350 would crap out on me when I got out on the trail cause there not that stout. I don't plan on going heavy off road like Tellico, I have a build FJ-40 Land Cruiser for that I just want something for a bulletproof dily drive, mud truck, for tough trails and other goodies you find in the South Eastern mountains. I plan on running 33"-35" inch tires and probably a locker. Will the TH350 hold up or should I go with the TH400 (I wish it had the 4 speed with granny gear). I might build it up in a few years with one ton axles and 38's, but for now, I just want a old K5 to drive to work, school, and to run calls with the volunteer fire dept. So will the T350 Hold up to mud, rocks, and hard trails with out getting it rebuilt and built up? Or in the long run, should I go with the TH400?

Thanks for any help, Bobby Schleier, Blue Ridge, Greenville SC [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 11:16 AM

Re: TH400 or TH350

id go with the 400 if ther about the same price and condishon, ill have a sm465 with a np208 i dont need soon but i live in alaska
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode