installing clutch pedal in blazer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 03:09 PM
loboman7x57

installing clutch pedal in blazer

i would like to put my sm465 and 205 case into my 88 k5 blazer, the doner is a 1978 suburban. will the cluth pedal brackets and linkage from the old suburban fit into the 1988 blazer and what is involved with hanging the pedals?

thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 06:35 PM

Re: installing clutch pedal in blazer

It will bolt in like factory. Everything will interchange. The firewalls are the same on all those style trucks.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 09:20 PM
blazinwest

you have to get the clutch linkage swivel thing off of the frame. it has rivets holding it on, and you will have to drill holes in your frame an bolt it one.
im thinking about doing it to my blazer, so post some pics [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 04:11 AM
Addict

there is a little bit of headache stuff when you start mounting your electrical stuff under the dash and you have too cut the hole in the floor for the clutch linkage rod. I did the same thing taking goods from a 1978 p/u and put em in my 1988 suburban. If I had to do it again I'd spent the money on the hydraulic stuff from a newer truck and do away with the pedal that moves with engine torque thing. of course a rusty truck with a body lift will move more than a stocker in better shape.
K
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 08:45 AM

This is not a hard swap to do, I did it back in October. You cannot swap just the pedals, you have to use the bracket under the dash as well.

If you are planning to go with manual clutch linkage, it is easier to just buy the z-bar bracket than to remove the one from the donor truck. GM sells them for about 13-15 bucks. American Classic Trucks sells them for $8.00. As far as drilling holes in your frame to mount it, you shouldn't have to. The holes should already be there.

Also, i would buy a new clutch fork as well. I thought that the one i had was fine, but a month after the swap the clutch adjuster rod that pushes into a recess in the clutch fork pushed the whole way through and i lost all of my clutch adjustment about 50 miles from civilization. The are about $13.00 from LMC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode