rear disc brake lines - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

rear disc brake lines

i just had to do my front beakes this weekend and my rears are shot to so im gona put discs back thare, i have front calipers and roters for a 84 3/4 ton and ordered the brakets that dont use the spacers that the link was posted fpr on like page 4, im just wondering what brake lines i need, i want flexebel rubber or braded steal ones and i think you need to use them eney way but do i just use stock fronts fot an 84 or do i need to order custom after market ones?

and do i just take the old hard steal lines off at the block on the rear block that splits the one line coming back and run rubber ones all the way or cut the steal ones and thred them to the rubber ones?

oh and is thare a langth that ill need to know to order them?

thanks for all your help

ps its for an 84 chevey 3/4 4x4 with a 14 bolt ff rear axel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: rear disc brake lines

Go buy the front of a early to mid eighties GM G-body (86 Monte Carlo ones work). Napa #4136847 is $11.49. Tru-Torque H36847.

As a side note, the longer rear brake line is Napa #4138068. It is $13.99.

And longer front brake lines:
These ones are for the left front of a 1994 2wd 1 ton and are around 25" long. $13.99 at Advance Auto. Napa wants $16.69.
Tru-Torque (Advance Auto): H38873
Napa: H38873
Bendix: 78227
Raybestos: BH38873
Wagner: F124600
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

cool thanks, im going to try to see if i can order on line, are napa store sucks and ther *****s when your trying to get parts to do moifying, when i order should i just order 2 of the same brake lines or is thare a difrence in the right and left side?

thanks agen for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

i just want to be shure im geting the right parts and evreything i need, i have the calipers and roters i ordered the brakets and if i get thows long brake lines thats it?, thay screw in to the block on top of the diff. that has the one brke line going in and 2 coming out?

sorey for being a pest i just need to get the brakes fineshed, will i need to order bajo bolts and coper washers sepritley?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 06:27 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

The ones for the Monte Carlo are real short. This way you can run hard lines from the T-hose at the top of the differential case out to the short hoses. These short hoses are designed for 10mm banjo bolts.

The long hoses from the 94 2wd 1 ton work great for front hoses on a lifted vehicle. These hoses are designed for 10mm banjo bolts.

The other hose is a longer T-hose for the back for a lifted vehicle.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

thanks for all your help, i just got the montey carlo brake lines today at work thay cost me a bit more than if i ordered them on line but i wanted to have all my parts whateing when the brakets get hear, and i replaced my front calipers and roters so i could use the old ones in the back but one caliper was completley sesed and the other one had the bleeder busted off, i could have rebilt them pritry cheep but i figured id just go with all new, it shure got expensive thow looks like ill whate till after x mas to save back up for my lift and tiers

i got a nice set of 33 tiers with about 1/2 tred on nice sloted aluminum wheals i think ther modrens but i cant find a web site for modren wheals, i got them off an old ford and he had the wrong lug nuts on them so i had to order some from shwab for $100 thay need the sholdered mag tipe with the washers for a 9/16 stud, i hope thay ordered the right ones

thanks agen for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode