Homebrew shackle flip???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 01:49 AM
SHOTGUN

Homebrew shackle flip????

Well I'm get'n more and more into playing with the K20 here lately cause I want to have it ready to drive if needed/desired this winter. (read we haven't got any snow yet! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

Anyhow something I had been thinking about was doing a shackle flip on the rear to get my 4" blocks outta there.

Any of you guys out there that have this done can you reply to how its worked for you so far? I know a couple of you have it b/c I already did a search and went through all of the post's.

Here's a pic I came up with thanks to Drey. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
[image]http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/download.php?Number=922567[/image]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 06:09 PM

Re: Homebrew shackle flip????

your welcome, If I remember correctly MNorby game me that picture. Wrath did It, it is in a current post you could try askin him about or he might reply to this post too.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 06:14 PM
SHOTGUN

yeah I pulled up an old post where wrath posted that pic, and replied to it. So far no reply from Wrath [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I was looking at my truck today while doing some work on it and my exhaust tips come out (45*'d) right underneath the factory hangers so I will have to chop off my tips if I want to do the shackle flip.

Whenever I do get around to it I wonder which way I'll go. Getting a set of those spring hangers like Wrath has would be nice, but I have no idea how to get a set around here let alone how to get the tools around a truck if I were to find one.(meaning that they'd probably be in a field or junkyard with no elec.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 07:20 PM

I would see how much LMC wants for a set. Then you wouldnt have to clean them up and repaint them either. Still probably cheaper too.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

ORD makes a awesome shacke flip bracket, cost like 165 to, so there pretty dang reasonable, cause lift springs are 200-300.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 12:19 AM
SHOTGUN

Thanks kid, but that's $165 dollars I don't have right now. Plus I know it can be done cheaper and I like the pleasure of saying "I did that!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode