Is this worth my $$? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Is this worth my $$?

I found a half ton suburban with 6f/8r suspension and 1/2 life 35x15r15 swamper tsl's for sale looks like early 80s with a weak 305 (needs to be replaced to be near-reliable) , th350 with b&m shift kit and floor shifter and unknown t-case (didn't look). It has headers and dual exhaust, spare front doors, two new driveshafts (extra/spares) and a mean camshaft. Body is very rough and it has been ragged on in the mud. supposedly it has "high altitude" axles with ring and pinions to make the speedometer read true. the guy is asking 600 and will settle for 500 he says I was thinking of offering 400 because of the abuse it has taken. sound like a good deal? I am saying dune cruiser!

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 01:14 PM

Re: Is this worth my $$?

i dont think you can go wrong for 400 bucks you could sell it for parts for that after you beat it a little i bet with ease

Stuby [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

I offered $400 and he said he would take it if it was cash. The t-case is a 208 by the way. I have a 203 and 205, so I dont have spare parts but oh well. I am going to try to pay him this coming thursday (payday for me). I might even make a plow mount at work to make money off it this winter. Who knows? He wont hold it for me so the first person to show him money gets it and it is on a pretty busy street so I hope nobody will stop this next week. More to come hopefully...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 09:11 PM

i picked up a half ton chevy truck a few months ago and removed a fisher plow setup all ready to be put on a truck with a lift my truck had 35's when i got it thats what the plow frame is built to now if your intrested at all i dont know if your around new hampshire? [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Old Hand

Can you send me a few pics of the mount ,,, Im down in Md ,& have a 87 chevy half ton & i want to modafy my JEEP snow plow to fit the chevy & the chevy is completely different ,,,just need a shot of were it hooks up to frame ,,, [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 11:44 PM

yeah ill shap a few pics its all at my buddys house right now ill post as soon as i get pics

StubY [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Well it sold before I could get the money on payday, but oh well! I was thinking of building a frame and using my running gear on it off my mud truck (blew the 366 and junked the body, so it is just a frame that is plenty rigged) then I could make it my own way. Who knows what will come of this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode