trany temp gauge help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 03:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

trany temp gauge help

how do i install a trany temp electric sender on a th350 transmition. can i put a t fitting on the out hose of the transmition as th fluid goes to the radiator. which one is out the upper or lower. any help on the water temperature an oil pressure sender locations or tricks would be helpfull. the engine is also a 350 with a carb i think its an 83 or 4
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 04:07 PM
ratlover

Re: trany temp gauge help

There is a port in the trany that will work but I cant remember wich one [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] sorry In the cooler line will work if you get a T fitting or you could tap your pan. Put it in the hot side of the cooler as close to the trany as possible.

For water I would persoanlly go into the head. there is a plug in the middle by the exhaust ports. The intake is also a possible spot but it will read a tad lower.

Oil pressure is back by the distributor. There shoulfd be a pipe plug in the block facing up, an idiot light sender is probably in there already.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 04:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks man i see the oil pressure one ther is barrel loooking thing attached to a tube the barrel thing is about one inch in diameter and has a single green wire coming out of it im assumong this is the old one. there are two holes one on each side of the engine that are nextto the exhaust. one has a fat plug in it the other has what looks to be the remains of a sender. i am verry intrested in the sender hole in the tranny. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 09:31 AM
ratlover

Might try a search......I cant remember what plug to use in a th350? Its one of the test ports in the side of the case.

Teeing into the cooler line or tapping the pan is another idea. Plus if you tap the pan you can drain your fluid and change the filter and install a drain plug. The pan will read lower though.

It is a th350 right? I cant remember? or is it a 700r4?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

its a th350 ive done some extensive searching and looked through the manuel and im stiull stumped.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 03:06 PM
ratlover

I dont believe any manual will tell you were to put it. Its not really a stock type deal. I believe there is a test port(that you can hook up a guage to see and set the line pressure with) on the side that can be used. Just make sure you dont block off a passage by screwing a sender all the way through into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode