new tire fit test - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

new tire fit test

here is what the 46" michelins would look like on a chevy with a 6" lift. I think i will definately need to trim a little more, move the axle forward a bit(getting the 1.5" offsets in the near future) and find me a set of rockwells so i dont kill my 60 front. Or i could put in 5:13's and use the michelins for street tires and put 40's on for wheeling....Nah..
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDYAp8TEon1cd8k5!cyukpLSzEkmeYHQhkhYHaotmLdrLtnK zdTG6tkE*!cWHtzvqfdIQkqnq1cdR1bve7e7a8wI20x4sX4584 uF5UD3*Q/P1010060.JPG[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDUAqcT8Yr1cd8k5!cyujSR2*OtKxjtrjpPStnCBAAUhqmhj ezJMzmZdL38Bkb3nOV64qfnJlkvlr7ZguNDAzgbVvE3ka7uGWB eE9e7Sq0/P1010059.JPG[/img]

big difference compared to a 38" swamper.

going to need to recenter the rims or get a set of these to mount them to the rockwells(courtesy of Chucks Trucks)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 10:29 PM

Re: new tire fit test

Awesome man! I'm ordering a set of brand new 12.5R20 XML's here in the next few days. There about 43" tall. I want the 46's but don't think I could fit it with my funky firewall problem.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Re: new tire fit test

ya, it will be a little while before i get these on. i could recenter the rims for the axles i have now, but I am sure i would destroy them. I have seen 12.5's on the nrefurbished M35's. i think they are a good size tire. not too wide, and a good hight. Not a lot of sidewall with the 20 in rims either andtough as hell since the are for medium duty trucks, not our "light duty" stuff. I might have to go up another inch or two to make these fit a well, but the weight of them(274 a tire, not including rim and internal double sided beedlocks, hehehe) will keep the center of gravity low, and if i do get rockwells on, it will help even more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode