thinking of removing lift kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 10:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thinking of removing lift kit

Hi. I touched on this a bit in my previous post, but I was thinking of removing the lift kit on my 77 1/2 ton. It is a suspension lift, I do believe 3 or 4 inches, I have not measured the blocks or anything. But from what I understand, I can just yank the blocks out of the rear and I assume replace the u-bolts to a shorter set, but I have to find stock front springs somewhere? There are no blocks under the front springs, just some small rubber looking pads.

I am not sure if the steering has been altered or not. What should I look for?

Do I need to make any adjustments with the driveline?

The truck is a work truck and I would like to tow a boat with it, and the lift kit just makes things a little more difficult. Getting a garden tractor in the back last week about killed my father in law. I do like to off-road some, but nothing extreme like most of you guys, mostly just mess around at my camp, and I think stock height should be fine.

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

77chevy
Go Steelers! [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 11:46 AM

Re: thinking of removing lift kit

find someone with a similar truck that wants to lift it and swap him front springs. A LOT more people are looking to lift rather than go back to stock, so ask around on here and at coloradok5 fourms and see if someone wants to swap.
Depending on the quality of your springs and the stock ones you find, it may make sense to just do an even trade.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 04:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good idea. The only thing is I guess it's kind of a logistical issue if I had to ship the springs.

So anybody in W. PA, E. OH, or N. WVA wanna swap some stockers for my lifted springs? They are in good to fair condition I would say. Ride fine, need cleaned up a bit. I'll throw in the blocks off the back for free.

IF this is the wrong forum for this, my bad. It's 6:30 and my brain is frozen.

77chevy
Go Steelers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 07:10 AM

I'd rename this thread, post in the 4 sale section as lift springs for sale, then post over on Coloradok5.com too.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

okay, thanks Darren. as soon as I can figure out where the for sale stuff is on this site. I have not even been to that other site yet, between this one and the Saabnet for my other cars, I jump from bb to bb like crazy.

Anyway, any advice on the steering or driveline? I think I have the suspension figured out.

Chris
77 chevy pos
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 09:26 AM

I really don't know all that much about the steering and driveline. I have a stock height IFS truck, so i've never had to deal with either.

I'm sorta surprised im the only one replying to your post, but hopefully someone knowledgeable will chime in here soon........like now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode