I Went Wheeling - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

I Went Wheeling

Here are a few highlights from this weekend when I was home from College.
Here is the Early, Iowa form of rockcrawling [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I decided to see how my truck would crawl up a incline so I tested it out on our driveway at the farm

Yesterday I installed some new 6 inch off-road lights no pictures yet but soon...talk about a difference in visability! theses are probably 5 times as bright as my regular headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 12:49 AM

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 07:39 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: I Went Wheeling

OK, Drey. No more pictures until you show us a picture of you banging through the corn field at 70mph. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I mean, heck, even this Jeep goes out in da woods with stock tires on:
http://www.wrath.com/projects/vehicl...3/00000008.JPG

PS: scrub up dem dere tires, eh? Basin, Tub & Tile cleaner or Scrubbing Bubbles works pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the lame ass picks but there isnt [bleep] around here to wheel. Its dry as hell(notice all the dust and [bleep] on my tires). If there was any mud i would get some pics of going muddin. Yea wrath I hadnt washed my truck in like 2 weeks, I use armorall tire shine, as soon as I get on a gravelroad all the dust CLINGS to that [bleep] likes it glue. Jason what should I go try and do to get good wheeling pics. I know they are lame but what can I do to get good ones
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 03:39 PM

Start scouting around and talk to people with wheelin mobiles and see where they go. Chances are within and hour or so of you there is something... Mud sucks. Any truck can drive through mud... Go get your truck laid over on it's side against a hill with a 6 foot boulder under the right front and that will be a cool pic [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Here's a trick to that tire shine. I learned it years ago when I used it (at the time it was called FlashBlack, I don't know what it is called now) on my quad to keep the tires from drying out and so I'd look cool with the new looking tires on my quad when I went racing.

First, scrub the tires like I said. Let them dry completely. Spray on that stuff liberally. Use the garden hose to spray it back off. Use a solid spray, not a fan spray. You want to "blast" it off. It'll give the tire a "new" look without the bling of the slime and shine and of course the dust won't stick nearly as bad.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

yeah...me and a friend went out to try and find a fire tonight(we heard fire trucks from the dorms) ended up driving in excess of 7 miles on gravel...they are nice and tan now [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] This weekend ill do what you said.
Oh and I fergot this...Wrath...Corn = Money which in turn is me driveing through it = my dad KICKING MY A$$ [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just to clarify that for ya [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 12:51 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yeah, I know what you mean about the corn. Sometimes people forget I'm a country kid. I grew up amongst the cornfields, the sourghum, the soybeans, the alfalfa, the wheat, et cetera. All of which I'm highly allergic to by the way.

Periodically people will think it's a good idea to go blasting through a cornfield and all I can think of is all the money lost... and for what? It seems like people forget that farmers work pretty hard for their money. A family farm will never get rich but they can definitely live comfortably if they have a good accountant. It's amazing how a farmer can always run in the red yet have fancy houses, nice cars, and their kids' education paid by the government..
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

7 miles of gravel, man what you got grass roads out there.

hey Im just givn you hard time, those are some great pix of a clean chevy I love the body style and if you ever find some wheeling there potential there to be a hardcore daily drive weekend wramper(is that a word?)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh man it is good to be back.

have fun finding those 4wheeling spots

Evan
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

yeah Im back up at college now, tmw after class a couple of buddys and me are gonna take out our trucks and try to find some trails or somethin. I guess there are some just north of the lake. There is a couple lifted K5s and Bronos around with 35s or so and winchs so there has to be something close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode