Dang, this place died! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Dang, this place died!

<font color="green"> What the heck happened? I mean, aside from the 17 pop up ads that I've gotten from here in the last 5 minutes...</font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:36 PM

Re: Dang, this place died!

I know Shaggy not to many of us old guys around anymore, I think everybody picked up there bags and jumped over to Pirate or CK5
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:52 PM

yeppers, i check in every couple of days, but theres nothin new hardly ever. Im over at CK5 like every body else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 11:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I know Shaggy not to many of us old guys around anymore, I think everybody picked up there bags and jumped over to Pirate or CK5

[/ QUOTE ]

Us old guys??? Your a newb still [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, yeah this site is dead... Theres maybe one actual tech question once every few weeks... I try to help out where I can to keep some of the stuff going.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 11:37 PM

..your only like 2 years older then me Jason...plus Im taller then you [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Really though how long is the classification to be "an old guy". And by old guy i mean the poeple who posted back when tech questions rained, not all the can i put 15 inchs of body lift on or look at this chromed out Z71 [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 11:47 PM

I dunno, I've been here since it was a threaded pos forum... I was a registered user then, somewhere around 98 or so. Then the page disapeared and they installed these forums and it took me till 2000 to figure out they were back up and at a different url [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 11:49 PM

Yeah its dead, but thats okay, the Suzuki forum is alive and well [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
About the pop-ups, thats strange, I never get any. Do you have spyware? Check this thread.

RJ sent me pics of your truck earlier today, lookin REALLY good!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 02:31 AM

I get the popups to and I have no spyware. I get 1 every time I open a page here...

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 10:04 AM

<font face="Comic Sans MS"> Unfortunately I am getting about 1 popup per click as well... It royally sucks... I have no way to change it though, and I fear this will be the final event in a string of happenings that takes this place down... At least the GM SFA side of things...

I still check here and CK5... Most of the meager amount of posts I make over there tend to be of the variety found in non-4x4... And I hardly even post there very often either... I just hardly ever have anything useful to say and I'm trying to save up to buy a house and some property (at least enough for a 20% downpayment) and therefore have no time or money to do any of my projects I had going on, which royally sucks... Oh well, that's life I suppose... I would imagine most others who actually put out the tech stuff are in similar financial situations where they're not in a position to work much on their rigs and therefore just don't even bother posting about them at all... That's my theory anyhow... And the rest, well the poseurs drove them away...

Have a good day y'all, good hearing from the stranger again too haha...</font>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Can't Get Enough

no kidding. I would have recieved several comments about my roll cage a year and a half ago, but now i have 40+ looks and no replies. I get on CK5 a little, but haven't converted over completely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode