Aussie Locker or Lock-Right - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Aussie Locker or Lock-Right

Does anybody know anyone that runs one of these Aussie Lockers? I see people talk about them and blah blah blah but no one says if they know someone that runs them or has broken one.

If I buy two Aussie Lockers from https://offroadlockers.com/index.html
It'll be $428 because they charge $14/each S&H.

If I buy two Powertrax Lock-Rights from National Drivetrain it'll be ~$474.

The price difference isn't enough to warrant me being cheap. The important part is which is going to work best and last the longest.

I've been reading up on POR (www.pirate4x4.com) about them but haven't seen anything that blows up my skirt about the Aussie Locker. And I don't want to wait fscking two months for them either. I want them in my truck within 10 days of giving them my credit card number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 08:54 AM

Re: Aussie Locker or Lock-Right

There was a group buy on Aussie lockers on MI Jeepers not too long ago. The only complaint that I saw so far was the wait. Check the "Jeep talk" forum and search. There's at least 2 threads that give some pretty good info on the Aussie lockers.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Aussie Locker or Lock-Right

I just went and read the handful of threads they've got going on. People seem impressed other than the wait. I'd rather not wait either.

However, Bill Cole, the Aussie Locker guy, said that it'd be at least a couple months before the 10 bolt was in production. They're pretty much done field testing it but it hasn't gone into production yet.

Also, the Lock-Right from National Drivetrain is now up to $255. That's over $500 for a pair of lunchbox lockers. $500 was my cutoff point so now I'm leaning more towards a winch. So, unless someone has a place to get Lock-Rights for a decent price I'll probably buy either a winch or a single limited-slip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode