NP 203 selector troubles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 10:17 PM
powhttrsh

NP 203 selector troubles

this is a long one...so dont give up on me! here it goes. i installed a milemarker kit on a '76 1/2 ton with a 4 speed muncie...

i had noticed lately that the front drive shaft was turning going down the road in 2WD! i was confused about this. at first i thought that i needed more end-play so i added more gaskets on the rear housing as shims. this did not really help...

then i noticed that on the transfer case selector i could not get low 4X4. one of the rods from the shifter will not move... could this be my real problem?? how do i need to go about correcting it?

any hep would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 08:51 AM

Re: NP 203 selector troubles

I hope I'm not imposing. But part of this is gen 4x4 stuff so here goes. Check your linkage first. It is possible that you may be stuck in 4HI. Get under the truck and make sure that nothing is tweaked. I'm not familiar with the NP203. Is it a full time T case? If it is then your shaft and axles will turn continuously and lock in only when the hubs are engaged. The cool factor for me and my Ford is that I know the 203 will mate with a 205 for double down action. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] OK, I'll shut my Ford mouth now. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode