4L80E SWAP.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 08:09 PM
LunaticEh

4L80E SWAP....

Hey guys, here's a good one for ya. Any on edone a complete 4l80e swap in to a gas truck. I already have the 4l80e and 205 in the truck, custom wiring harness, and tcm from a 93 diesel (mechanical pump, 1st yr 4l80e), prom programed for truck mods. Our setback right now is getting the tcm to recoginze an engine speed signal. I thought we could use the signal off the tach wire with a board to modify the signal, but after multiple boards no luck. Aside from going to EFI or a crank trigger ignition to get an engine speed reading anyone have any ideas on how to complete this combo?
I can still drive the truck, but it's only got reverse and 2nd gear only. It'll spin the back tires out of the hole in 2nd for 10ft so I can't wait to get it done and take out some imports on the streets and some fords in the deeps. Any input greatly appreciated.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 09:56 AM
ratlover

Re: 4L80E SWAP....

Try bowtie overdrives (they are on the net....it might be bowty....I cant remeber) they sell all kinds of adapters and brain boxes to stick comp controlled tranys into carbed vehicles.

Sorry I'm of no actual help [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 10:17 AM
Veteran

Re: 4L80E SWAP....

Your best be would be to get the diesel alternator so you can get the RPM pickup off of that. Im not sure anymore if the newer GM gas alternators have the pickup post or not. Try doing a search on here and I am sure you will find out but would by far being the fastest and easiest way of doing it.

Good luck.....Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode