Need some more emission/smog /exhaust help
Well in trying to clean up the previous owners downfalls and the worn out parts on the new Burb I have run into a vacuum connector and set of small gauge lines that are pretty much all cracked. This is the set of lines that has a connector screwed into the thermostat housing and feed to the EFE, Distr, Manifols vac, and the TVS(air cleaner). Does anyone know a part number on this or where to get one, or should I just run my own routes.
In an earlier post I asked about removing smog stuff and got a couple of replies which were both good ideas, but in the opposite direction on some stuff. But, I decided to try to meet somewhere more toward the OEM smog side.
I am going to detail out the work I am doing to replace stuff that had a problem, and then things I am thinking about doing, if you can please help out with a few of these
Details of the work I am doing to replace broken
1. Replace OEM exhaust manifold - Ordered new Dynomax painted headers headers w/AIR fittings, copper gasket
2. Replaceing CAT and muffler(cracked) - Ordered new high flow on recommendation from bud at the local exhaust shop and the Flowmaster 50
3. Replacing stock Ypipe to fit the new Headers and running new pipe at the tailend. I am thinking 2 1/2" or should I go 3" (I prefer more torque that higher horses)
Ordered new O2 bung and sensor for OEM 1 wire setup to be welded on to the new Ypipe
4. Ran some new vacuum lines for some of the larger rubber type lines from tubing left over from a Harley rebuild.
Things I am thinking of doing, but dont know the which way is good or just a waste of money
1. New air cleaner(open circular Holly or Edelbrock type) to replace stock monster - Is this a good idea or would I be better staying stock (My Jeeps have always benefited from this) and Plug of the vacuum lines that use to go to the air cleaner
This seems like only a few of the emissions components get removed like the TVS and heater hose(gone anyway with the headers)
2. Replace belt driven fan with electric dual fan setup
Well what do ya'll think
86 Burb 350 4bbl Quadrajet
10 bolt front, 12 bolt rear
3.43 ratio and 32's