Chevy Eater purchased - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 08:50 AM
frankp

Chevy Eater purchased

Hi Everybody! Just wanted to say hello. And to show off my new $600 wonder Raider! This thing will kick any chevy in the butt! Ok, it is a small import thing that gets stuck on ant hills BUT: it has 4.62's from factory , stout CV's and Coil rear, little gauge on dash that tells you you have flipped over, the seat is on this spring thing so you bounce up and down when you go down road and best of all 33's fit on stock rims with zero lift. There are just about Zero aftermarket things for it, but they do make a rear locker from arb and a front LSD can be found. It has a good size V-6 for a vehicle the size of a sammi. Well I am going to have fun in it. I am already looking at aSFA swap with four link and King coil overs,I just need $7000 to do it. Please send money orders only. Any ways I hope all is well with everyone. If you are reading this and dont know me then quietly return to index now. My friends and Rezzy please click on the link to see lame a$$ picks and some that will bring back Mamories. I miss you! Really miss all my old post's, Where did they go? There was a lifetime of grey knowlege and planet security info there.
And hey why are my axles breaking on my IFS chevy with max T-bar crank and 40's? LOL I dont miss this ! The FrankVee RIP

My newest Play thing , just pics for now

New email Addy is: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Chevy Eater purchased

Isn't a Raider the same thing as an Isuzu Trooper? I see lots of 'em out in the junkyard and didn't know any were rebadged to be Dodge stuff. They always caught my attention when I walked by and saw the little rear discs with 6 on 5.5 pattern... but I know they're topheavy bricks that weigh what my truck does.

Sorry, but I remember your old Chevy.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 10:13 AM
frankp

Mitsubishi montero , rebadged. I wanted a Sami but they are so under powerd and most are carbed. I likely would have bought a Zuk eventually but this came along and was so cheap. I fixed the air in it and it seems to be really nice. It fits down ATV trails which doubles my trail riding too. I am getting Swamper ATB's for it next week, likely the 34's. See ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:38 AM

He's Alive Again!

Nice new ride, rollin in da raider [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So, whats the deal with the 7k for a solid axle swap? Kings are about 750 each including coils, so thats 1500. What axle are you going to run? I can't imagine needing too much in that little thing...

Good to hear from you again, you posted a while ago but dropped off the planet again, another abduction? How'd the anal probing go? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 12:21 PM
frankp

I guess I exagerated a little bit. I know the local shop did a ranger for $5k. But the front axle was a D-44 built all to hell. I am thinking of a D-44 from a grand cherokee. I have the Drivers side diff. Also the stupid t-case has the slip in the case I need a way around that.

It is really funny to see flex pics of these things, the front flex about 2" max. The rears however flex pretty good with the sway bars removed. It is a coil spring setup with two arms and a track bar. Pretty close to a 4 link set up . There are some binding issues with the arms though. Not interested in making a super buggy out it just have some off road capability.

Art bell retired last year so I am really out of the loop as to what the greys are up to. Were is lezzy errr rezzy joe at???

and what the hell is this? [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 06:59 PM
frankp

What happend here? This post would have been burried like 10 pages down by now !!! Server down ? What !!! Where are all the cad drawings of truck beds and stick figure comics of "the swede". Man I go away for a year and it all goes to poo. What kind of stupid thing can go here ummm.... [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] or [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img] or maybe [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] how bout [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] but this is great [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]

and why do I have to disable my firewall to post? Its a ploy to get into my secret new world order file isnt it? Wait this isnt even offroad.com is it. Crap! I was busted I knew it! I was so careful not to buy catcher in the rye at a computerized bookseller but they got me. I knew something was wrong when my post was like 3 rd down. I am leaving now the gas is already being poured on the computer, The hard drive is with me. See you on the other side !
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 07:08 PM

Not alot of the old timers are around... Rezzy posts just as often as you do, although I've seen him on ck5 a few times lately... Me, I can't stand the pop-ups on this site [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 07:15 PM
frankp

Jason if that s your real name. I have put on the suit. It protects from all forms of brain wave scans and the new defibulator death ray. I also have the Hard drive shielded too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1156302-MLB shield.jpg (82.4 KB, 27 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 07:16 PM
frankp

Wow we used to have so much fun here. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 07:50 PM

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yep, good times were had by all... But you know, after you left everyone else did... You had a following [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode