Update on my truck - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2003, 06:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Update on my truck

Don't have any current pics right now but have done alot to it lately. Got my OBA going, front locker, new 350 (not too impressed since it has a big cam and not a lot of low end torque but it'll wrap 7,000rpm good for muddin), rear disk brakes, redesigned grill, 2 electric fans (a blow in front of and suck behind teh radiator), skidplate/shround to block off the engine fan after the body lift left it exposed underneith. So anyways, hope to get some pics. Probably running the tractor pull this weekend so if anyone has some tips..... [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I built some spacers to go between my frame and rear end so there will be no suspension in teh back for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2003, 11:58 PM

Re: Update on my truck

Didnt you have a 400sbc in there before? I thought that thing had gobs of torque?
7000 rpm [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] thats almost as much as my zuk engine spins, wow. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyways, looking forward to pics, your truck sounds awesome.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 07:52 PM

throw it in 4Lo start out slow then get on her hard, thats how all the guys do it around here anyway, course they all have 2 wheel drives with alot of wheel spin, you might want to leave it in 4hi, but idk, without much torque maybe 4 lo would be better.
how do you like the Front locker?
did you ever get my Emails
also i dont know if you knew but i got 31s so looks like a real truck now, cept shes down forawhile, i [bleep] it up last night, throttle stuck wide open, My buddy and me got it to unstick but now for some reason its shifting up to soon and not kicking down, or at least i think thats the problem...i hope i didnt [bleep] the truck up bad... [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 05:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I broke the crank in my 400sbc when I went a bit too deep in a mud hole. Had water flowing through the cab and covering teh hood. I plan on rebuilding the 400 but I got this 350 for $400 and it came with a weiand intake, 993 heads, and gobs of chrome bruhaha and was a quick replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode