Question about 4 inch lifted front springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 08:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Question about 4 inch lifted front springs

Well first of all, I live in europe. I'm working on lifting my 88 K5 blazer 4 inch. I got the shakle flip from ORD because I heard good things about it, and, wel, it looks good. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But now I have to lift the front. I know blocks are not an option to lift the front so I looked for leafs. Cheapest 4 inch lifted springs here in europe are about US$550 per leaf [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. So US$1100 will do the trick for me [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]. But as you may understand, I'm not happy with that price. I could get custom blades, but they need figures or an exhample. And when I look at the front springs in pictures, it looks to me that all of those rotate the axle forward to line up the drive shaft. Am I correct? Well with some calculations I could figure out the curve to get the lift, but at what angle does the axle end up? Can anyone help me with the figures?

Appart from the custom leafs, did I overlook something? Some model GM with stock fronts that will make a K5 4inch higher?

Any help and/or suggestion is very much apreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 10:22 AM

Re: Question about 4 inch lifted front springs

What makes them so expensive? Just the cost of having them brought over? You may want to check into someone like Alcan and see what they will charge you to make them and ship them to you. They made my rears for 280 each and thats custom built just for your rig.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 10:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

what will make them expensive is not only the shipping. A shop here will order them, then ship them, then pay taxes over both those costs, then ad what they wanna make out of it and then ad tax again.

So shipping from the US is bad for the price, even directly to me. The taxes can be avoided by having them shipped marked "used car parts" but then they really have to look used then. But still the shipping will be expensive. Just because of the weight. But I will check that company for shipping costs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 01:57 PM

Well you can order those springs direct for yourself, you wouldn't have to go through a shop there. This should save quite a bit...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Resurrection_Joe

You could try and find some used 4" front lift springs that have been flexed out well and been on a truck a while, maybe have the guy who had them wire brush off the paint and let it surface rust, hahahaha.... (As to look used you see...)

Anyway, hope it works out for you, best of luck [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode