78 for sale - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

78 for sale

I'm trying to sell my truck. I just picked up an S10, and i don't live anywhere near where i can get the S10 stuck, so the big one has to go.

It's a '78 K10, 4x4 (duh), Dana 44 and 12 bolt, NP203, 350 trans, small block motor (pretty sure it's a 350, the truck originally came with a 400, the previous owner said it's a "350 out of a sprint car" whatever that means), 35" tires, and a wooden bed. It has a suspension lift, about 6". It also has a monster tube bumper, about 4" diameter with a 1/4" (i think) wall. Welded solidly to the frame. I've hit trees of about 3" in diameter, took them out without denting the bumper. The transfer case has a 4x2 conversion kit in it, and i have mile-marker hubs on it that i haven't been able to blow out (they're iron, not the cheap aluminum ones).

It has Kelly-Springfield Pathfinder ATR's on it right now, on 16" wheels. It also has a set of 35x15.5x15 Super Swamper TSL's that go with it, mounted on rims. The Swampers are in rough shape, i wouldn't drive them on the road. They're still useful off-road, but they're getting low on tread. They hold air, but one has a slow leak.

The truck has a new carb (600 edelbrock), new fuel pump, new battery, new front driveshaft, new brakes, new exhaust, new ball joints, new ujoints, a new chain in the transfer case, and i'm sure plenty of stuff i forgot about. It comes with the original carb (quadrajunk).

I've had the truck a year. I drove it all winter, and it never left me stranded. My back hurt, but that's to be expected. The body looks like crap. I have added steel to reinforce the necessary areas. The floorboards are there, but they're sheetmetal, not stock. The frame is solid, but it has been welded. Since the welding, i've had it airborne with no problems.

The truck needs nothing. It can be daily driven tomorrow if one so desires, and off-roaded hard at lunch without worrying about making it back to work. It looks like a monster, but it drives striaght, doesn't pull under braking, and starts and runs whenever you ask it to.

I'm asking $1500 OBO. I have a lot more than that "invested" (it's not really invested, it's spent, i know i ain't getting it back). I'm located in Harrison Twp., MI. I can be reached at davejhogan at hotmail.com, or (586)260-7942.

The site where the image is hosted is down right now, i'm hoping it will be back up tonight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode