Monster Garage - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 06:52 AM
RolngThun

Monster Garage

I was all excited about the mud drag Corvette.
But in the end no real mud drags. Just a bunch of guys in a field. The ads showed real mud drags and during the show they showed real mud drags. Just a tease, get me all fired up and then a let down.
And next time Jesse, put the boogers on the mud dragger, don't use them for a coffee table.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 10:26 AM

Re: Monster Garage

And wasn't it great how he just drove through a puddle while all the other trucks drove through some actual mud? Yep, I've lost all respect or that show after the rock crawler... I'm an american chopper type of fella [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 10:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Didn't see it, now I'm glad I missed it...

Jason, isn't it great to watch those two walking muscles get into each other's faces? [Jersey Accent]Sometimes I think Paulie just doesn't understand what needs to be done, you know? He's out putting diamond plate accents on the headlight mount when we've got 7 bikes to finish.[/Jersey Accent] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 11:11 AM
killabeez

i too was looking forward to the vette with balls. oh well. did anyone see the bronc they made with dynatrac pro rock 60's and what else, a crate 502 or something?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 02:25 PM

Uh yeah if you would care to read my post I mentioned the rock crawler episode. And no it had a little ford engine in it... And it sucked...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 05:57 PM
RolngThun

Yes, American Chopper is cool. The boy can fab.
There are times when they get a good fab guy on Monster Garage. Speaking of fab guys, it was great when master fab guy Jessie welded those flanges on upside down. I did that once so I know how he felt, but much funnier when he did it. But hey, those zoomies did give them that 50 or so horsepower they were lacking.
The thing is. With the chain drive and the race suspension. If they did go to an organized mud drag, they would have ended up in the pro mod, pro open type of class.And there they would have got their butts spanked [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img].
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 06:51 PM

I didnt watch the show very closey, how did they make it work properly with 33s on the front and 35s on the back? or did they just leave it to bind
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 07:06 PM

The stuff they did at first was a lot more fun. But the Bronco and the Vette episodes kinda blew chunks!

I'll stick with American Choppers too.

Although, in Jesse's defense, some of the fabrication stuff he does is wicked!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 10:58 PM

I like the bikes cody designs. The first one he ever built was pretty sweet looking.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Sierrapilot

In response to how did they keep it from binding...

I think they just said to heck with it and let it go. They had a solid shain link between the front and rear driveshafts, so one or the other would be binding all the time. Maybe they were thinking that the rear tires would grab and push the car and if the fronts were spinning faster it would help them turn. That's the only reason I could think of for running the different sized tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode