Re: Dodge Dana 60 front axle will fit a chev?
Thanx for the link. I checked it out. Looks like there are a couple things that are different.
1) All Chevy D60s are kingpin knuckle, whereas early (79-93 ) Dodge are kingpin
2) All Chevy D60s are internal style lockout / drive flange bearing hubs, whereas early (79-89 ) Dodge are external
3) Dodge and Chevy outer kingpin knuckles are very similar, and either will bolt to the other axle, but they are not identical - tie-rod placement is different - the Dodge mounts the TRE about an inch and a half higher.
4) Chevy leaf spring pads are 3 inches wide and 32 inches apart (center-pin to center-pin), Dodge are 2.5 inches wide and 32.5 inches apart.
6) Chevy rotors are 1.5" thick, dodge rotors are 1.25" thick, but the calipers are identical.
IDK ... doesn't seem that the issues are that serious but I want this to be a total daily driver so i want to do it right the first time.
I think the axle was changed out on the front of this truck the year before I bought it. The damn canadian military probobly cheaped out and bought the 44 instead of the 60 [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
The new axle has less than 5000 miles on it... maybe i will just wait a bit until i can find a good deal on a chevy D60.
I really want something i can just bolt up and never have to worry about.
Thanx for all your input and help.