WRATH - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

WRATH

I went to the junk yard and picked up a Cadi compressor. I has 4 wires coming out of it. Which is the ground and what is power. The green one looks like it goes to the housing ( ground?) what about the others. I want to use a switch to turn it on and off. Any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: WRATH

I got your email. It landed in my spam folder because you sent it to [email protected] which doesn't exist.

Anyway, there is the ground one which probably grounds on a head bolt and then there is one that goes into the motor. The one that goes into the motor has a rubber "weathertite" connector to which inside is a spade terminal. Those are the two you need. The other two (which have a connector going into the top of the head which go to a solenoid) appear to be for bleeding off pressure... which is kind of funny because that black reservoir thing seems to have a one-way valve in it. It bleeds off through that little barbed fitting that a 5/16" hose fits over. I had the compressor all apart and it didn't make sense because like I said that black reservoir thing won't let air go backwards through it...

The intake port is a little slit in the aluminum. I recommend putting some kind of filter over it to keep water and dirt out. I used the same material you use for air compressor filters which is also pretty much the same stuff you use for breather elements that are inside your air cleaner.

I ran mine off a relay which doesn't seem to be needed. I never finished mine because I'm too poor to spend $40 for a regulator to turn it on and off.

Right now I'm using that little thin line the factory uses for air shocks going into that brass thing that seems to have no purpose. I then have a piece of fuel line clamped over that brass thing and also the barb on a female coupler.

http://wrath.com/projects/vehicles/i.../cutfender.JPG

It takes about eight minutes to fill a five gallon air tank to 80psi. After that it climbs real slow and I'm willing to bet you'd cook the rings before you got to 100psi which are nothing but some kind of plastic. I've pumped it up to 250psi but like I said it climbs real slow. They're only designed to pump up something the side of a 2 liter bottle which would only take a couple minutes to get to 300psi. It's definitely not a continuous duty pump. But it's a lot quieter than those el-cheapo exposed pumps you buy at wally-world for $20.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode