64" rear leaf spring swap to a 74 Jimmy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 10:57 AM
bigwishlist

64\" rear leaf spring swap to a 74 Jimmy

I an thinking of using 64" leaf springs on the rear of my 74 Jimmy. Has any one done this? I am planning on making custom rear shackles and hangers. I also know that it will move my axle back some where aroung 3" I think. I plan on moving the spring perch center hole forward alittle but dont know what the max I can move it is. I got the idea from off.roaddesign.com off of the green blazer that was in the TTC challange awhile back. I have the rear springs mounted at the front and am in the process of making the rear shackle hanger and am looking for tips or things to look out for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 11:23 AM

Re: 64\" rear leaf spring swap to a 74 Jimmy

So where you getting these 64" springs... Never heard of them... Now 63" springs I know about [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I have a nice set of skyjacker 5.5" 63" packs here with your name all over them as soon as you send a 250 dollar check with my name all over it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 11:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What are the springs off of? I've heard of 62" springs off new IFS Chevys. Should be really flexy if they springs aren't really stiff. Same concept as the 57" ford springs just to the next step.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 03:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I seen a REALLY nice setup here on a red blazer 85 model, it has the frod 57" springs, he reused the front mount and moved the rear mount back or made a new one back about 3-4" more than the stock one in a shakle flip design. was very flexy with the 4" tuff country front springs. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 04:06 PM
bigwishlist

Willys ok 63" but anyway your springs have to much lift for my application. Sorry But Ill keep it in mind.
The springs are off of a 92 sierra. From my local junk yard.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 04:05 PM
bigwishlist

Does anyone have any pics of trucks with 63" leaf springs in the rear? Sure would like some to look at. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode