what's it worth - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:22 PM
77rigid

what\'s it worth

I have found a military blazer(black out lights,rear pintle,no interior to speak of,number plate on front bumper,antenna holes in each side,military 3-ring binder service manual,you get the picture).It has the 6.2 diesel,auto,new 31x10.50 mud tires,2 new batteries,alternators rebuilt,new KN air filter,new glow plugs(extra set included)rebuilt tranny,new headlights,no rust,some dents and only 72,000 original miles.It runs and drives great,doesn't pull to either side.I was wondering what one of these might be worth.I am thinking of getting it but wanted to put it on the board to get some opions from some of you.Let me know.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:40 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: what\'s it worth

Do the blue book, and offer A LITTLE more than what it's worth since you're up here in the rust belt and it's in good shape. I dunno about IL, but here in MI if it's low or no rust, the owners want a mint for them. Guy sold one that sounded similar but with street tires and only like 40k on the odo for about $7k.[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I'll fly out to Arizona or something and drive one back before I pay that much. 2 nights in hotels and 1500-2000 miles worth of gasoline can't cost $4000.[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:48 PM
77rigid

Thanks for the quick response.I guess I would be getting a bargain if I buy it then.I got him down to $1900.I might just have to go get it tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:49 PM
LowGearMonster

I would do a real good check up on the running gear if I were you. The military tend to dish out some serious punishment on there vehicles. They just trash it and toss it. I'm an army brat and have lived on a couple bases in my day so I've seen it first hand.
[img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Mud in my Veins

Yeah, LowGear has good points. Still, a friend of mine got a 85 CUCV Blazer from NAS Pensacola, FL for $500. It was in mint shape with like 33,000 miles on it and a perfect history. Spent it's entire life driving around Navy bases down in the Florida area. He put in the minimum bid of $500 at the DRMO auction and no one else bid on it. He got it.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

If it's in good shape and everything works, JUMP ON IT. I'd pay $3k for that thing if it was as good as it sounds. Heck, I know where to get a set of 3/4 ton axles for $300.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 08:52 PM
77rigid

Thanks for the advice.Not sure what I am going to do about getting it.I already have to many vehicles(3 jeeps,2 cars,1 truck,2 Harleys),but I hate to pass up a good deal(as you can tell).
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 10:03 PM
Mud in my Veins

Get it and enjoy it. Heck, at that price, buy it and sit on it for a while, then sell it if you never use it. Rust free older trucks like that sell quickly if you ask a fair price for them.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] You can definately make more than $1900 on it if it is as nice as it sounds.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 11:19 AM
wrobel

i went out to look at a k5 cucv near me, when i got there i had found out that the military sold it to Avalon Beach Patrol, who must've driven it around under water because the entire interior of the truck was rusted or covered in corosion. even the little bit of chrome on the directional stick was turned green. i had asked the guy how the rust was too, he said "it's good, not bad at all" there was a hole in the passenger side floorboard large enough to drop small children out of. and both batteries were dead. so i left. damn, he only wanted 1700 for it too. maybe next time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode