Truck Fixed, Possible Parts, Textured Paint?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 03:02 PM
logan_ut

Truck Fixed, Possible Parts, Textured Paint??

Well it's been awhile since I've posted (as if any of you care) and I just felt like dropping in. Now that I've got the sucking oil problem fixed (intake manifold gaskets, thanks again for the help) and I'm done moving I can get back to my truck. I've got the rest of the week off and am going to start taking care of a little rust and reshoot my truck. I want a real durable paint that will hold up to tree stumps, branches, etc. and was thinking something with a heavy texture would work good. I've seen it done before on a Jeep but I'm not sure what they used. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I also scored a '78 C10 350/SM465 from a guy at work for free. Not too bad considering it runs strong and drives fine. I'm robbing the hood and tailgate off it for sure but I'm not sure of the condition of the rest. If anyone is interested in parts in the Idaho/Utah area let me know and I'll see if the doors, panels, bumbers, etc. are worth keeping. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 983687-clip_image002.jpg (2.6 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 05:27 PM
wrobel

Re: Truck Fixed, Possible Parts, Textured Paint??

use pant from a rattle can. if you scratch it...hit it with the can. bye bye scratch!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 10:15 PM
Mud in my Veins

Textured stuff collects dust and crap and never looks clean. I used Duplicolor Asphault undercoating to hide the rust on my 93 Tracker.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Worked and functional, very easy to fix, but yeah, collected mud and dirt rather easily.

If it was something I was seriously planning on keeping, so wanted to keep very protected, I'd just Herculine the whole friggin thing. Cheap and lasts. Easy to fix, and the rust won't come back if you apply it correctly. POR15 is also good.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:34 PM
logan_ut

Good point. I never thought about the dirt problem. I am going to Herculine the cab floor and bed but I want to repaint the truck. We'll see how ambitious I am once I get started. Maybe I'll just use some flat DuPont rust-free stuff or reshoot it white if I run short on time since I won't have to pull the dash. I've got to finish it and get it out of my dad's shop by Sunday. Oh, and what would you guys say the running/driveable part's truck is worth minus a hood and tailgate? A couple hundred bucks?

Oh, and my sig pic is way blurry. I guess Photo Editor would be a good investment. I've attached the original if anyone would be so kind as to shrink it up for me if they get bored. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 984194-Truck3.jpg (17.3 KB, 20 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode