Video - Mudding in 2wd... guess what happens! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 07:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Video - Mudding in 2wd... guess what happens!

Its been raining here in SoCal (which is rare) and I didn't have my front driveshaft on due damage... but I had to take the truck out and get it muddy all the same. The area doesn't look real deep but it is thick along the middle. I pulled a couple trucks out the day before. It was only a matter of time before I hit a deep spot and the wide front 38's stopped the truck... thats what I get for trying to avoid debris in the pit! Its 7MB at 256K so cable or DSL users only.

http://www.echobit.com/video/2wd-muddin.wmv

Karma brought someone out there and they pulled me out... thankfully!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 08:49 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Video - Mudding in 2wd... guess what happens!

Who was your cameraman? I'm really surprised he didn't have some commentary.

I can see why you broke the 350 turbo's bellhousing... I can only imagine what you do in 4wd. hehe.

I've actually seen a lot of broken 350 turbos in K5s. Most of the time they're missing the torque arms and/or the inspection cover though.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That 415ci really lets out a scream when its laid into.. and its still totally corked up with stock heads/intake and exhaust manifolds! Thanks for the compliment on the camera man... my editing skills are getting better I guess. I'm sure the tripod would have said something if it could but it was too busy taking a wide perspective of the whole valley! I did a little pan and crop to make it look like the camera was following me. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I should really get a front shaft in.. but doing all that in 2wd was making the local 4x4 trucks and jeepers jaws gape open.. so in a way it was worth it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 11:02 AM
AzzKicker

What you seriously need is a lesson in towing 101 [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm surpirsed you didnt rip off a wheel at that angle the other truck was pulling you out haha [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And do you have shocks in the rear lol thats come bouncy suspension. I LIKE IT [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 11:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wish we could have pulled it out straight but theres a reason we had to pull almost sideways (thank god for my 1 ton drivetrain or I might have snapped a wheel). You cant tell from the video but the area there that is not mud is wet clay. There is only one sandy penninsula which was hard pack enough to pull someone out on, especially when its with a stock truck with street tires. the day before a smaller 4wd S10 got stuck in the same place I did and 2 other 4wd trucks nearly got stuck trying to pull him out... I had to pull him out the same way (in 2wd I might add.. shocked the other 4wd trucks). The snap maneuver is the only way to get them out without diggin in yoursef. I'm going to see about rounding up a few more trucks and going back ... a little debri removal and that spot would be a lot of fun... especially after everyone soups it up a bit.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 08:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

looks like a ton of fun. Hopefully when all the snow melts here it will make some nice mud. Thats how I wheeled most the summer during the time when my D44 front was always broke.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 06:12 PM
bigwishlist

BorregoK5 yuor videos are awsome keep em coming. But do you have a close up of how you mounted your mirrors with your doors off? Your truck has given me alot of ideas on how to build mine. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode