Hey everyone - New to this board - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey everyone - New to this board

I thought I'd drop in and see what people are up to over here. I'm working on a 78 K5 with a 415ci on 1 ton divetrain. Its trimmed up on 4" of lift with 38x16 TSL's. I swapped Ford F150 57" leafs on the back and took advantage of the smooth ride and soft flex. A bunch of other stuff too, and its doing me well. What are you building?

Here's mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 09:29 PM

Re: Hey everyone - New to this board

hey
whatzzz up
mnorby has shown me some of your videos you got a preety sweet ride. any good to have ya
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 09:33 PM
87sm465np208

nice! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], just dont fukc up, and you should be ok, or tell everyone how you off-roaded at a pool club at 11:30PM on a tuesday night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 10:54 PM

Hey welcome aboard, enjoy [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 12:54 AM
Addict

howdy
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 08:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

whuzzzup. Hopefully putting your shakle flip on my truck here this spring. Awesome vid's too. I have them all downloaded and show them to everyone.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 11:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think a recognise a few names here! Hahah (87sm465np208
) you vocalized that one over here too? I can laugh, I did my share when I was young! Mnorby & chevyman_400, catching the runs on video is fun and good for testing, but you gotta have a co-pilot to get the good stuff! I've been slacking lately and going solo. Drey and Gottagofast, thanks for the welcome. Your going to like the shackle flip.. I highly recommend looking into the 57's if for anything, the smooth ride.. the amazing flex is good too though.

Is everyone locked down for the winter? Being in southern California there is no real beginning or end to the 4x4 season... just a few weeks where mud makes an apearance and snow hits the highest peaks.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 01:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, can't wait to get the 57s in. Right now the 52s with an add-a-leaf and 4" blocks is way solid. Still have a couple inches of snow on the ground here. Now that I got my 60 in and matching gears been playing pretty much non stop, until I broke my front drive line Tuesday. Even parking lots are fun to wheel on with snow....
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 02:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah! Looks like it flexes up pretty good as it is, but your cheating by using the frame twist [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ! I snapped my front CV shaft finally too. I'm looking for high angle options without the high angle price... so its junkyard shopping for now untill I finish my new chassis and get an acurate measurement for the front. Parking lot snow is the best, used to throw a big old Ford LTD into spins accross one when I was 17... we'd get a good 6 to 7 rotations before we'd stop on a snow bank.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 02:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nice setup! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode