flowmaster vs. eldelbrock - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 05:17 PM
nicotine

flowmaster vs. eldelbrock

wich sounds better and produces more horse power?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 10:29 PM
nicotine

Re: flowmaster vs. eldelbrock

will somebody reply on these mufflers
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 12:07 AM
Addict

first off calm down and be patient wait more than 5 hours to get all worked up and start begging for attention........
that said,

mufflers don't produce horspower or determine entirely how your engine sounds the sound of your engine is mainly determined by the cam, compression ratio and to a lesser degree timing they do determine how much quieter is is and some are designed to resonate and change the sound .... what are you doing? putting a truck together that works and as part of the process putting on muffers so you can hear your buddy when he says "stop yer gonna hit that tree" or are you pulling off a perfectly good muffler so that you can race lighten your wallet and get "10-15 % gains (don't believe it) my personall opinion is this: don't waste your money. my 77 with a warmed bigblock and 38.5" hawgs will pull a low 15 sec quarter (no bs i promise) and it has hooker mandrel bent 2 1/4 inch duals with "quiet" autozone mufflers that cost 14.99 each (I get regular complements about the way my truck sounds) I tried the same thrush glass packs i had behind the small block and they sounded like tommy guns at 70 mph i then tried turbo's and they were WAY loud (I was waking up my neighbors just idleing out of the driveway) alot depends on what you think sounds good do you wanna cackle and get attention or do you want to be quiet enough at idle that the cop thinks the guy in front of you that had loud exhaust was the one that made all that tire smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 05:32 PM
Stroked72blazer

well put but what performance differance did the different exhaust make. you probably wouldn't feal it but do you have et's with those other setups.

You can also get that throaty sound and keep it quiet with 3 chamber Flowmasters and a cross over to quieten it down.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 10:31 PM
Addict

no et's for others I only ran it once ... the tech guys said i was too tall but they let me go any way but as soon as i got done they made me go back to tech and said i was way too fast to be that high (am running an 8" suspension lift and 38's) on a shortbed was doing like 97 mph if i remember right ...... as far as difference i am pretty goood at noticing and ther was none that i could feel... flowmasters are nice but cost lots more than 14.99 plus i got a lifetime waranty [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 12:18 PM
Mud in my Veins

Flowmasters are good sounding, but their actual performance value is kinda dubious. Lotta talk on the boards I frequent about them. Not much positive. I did love the sound of the 40 series Delta Flow on my 92 Blazer though.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I can't say on the performance of those Edelbrocks, but having never heard of anyone running them, the price still seems rather high.[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

My Ram will probably get a 3"in/out custom mandrel bent single exhaust, and I'm leaning towards a Magnaflow right now. Hearing good things about them. More performance than sound, but with a nice tone too. As I'm getting older (crusty ol' 24 now), deafeningly loud isn't as attractive as it used to be. I work with airplanes at an airport, I get more than my fair share of high decible levels.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode