body lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 03:42 PM
tool

body lift

Well I just orderd and ORD 1-inch body lift, and new body mounts for my 86 blazer. 700r4,208. My question is, will any steering components, or linkage..tranny,t-case.. need to be lengthened? My floor is pretty rotted, exposing basicly every mount, which is good and bad. Easy access, yet probably extremely rusted bolts. Any tips or advice with the install? Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 09:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: body lift

might spay some PB blaster on all your mount bolts every day starting about a week before you do the install of it. That will make the old ones comeout easier. Probably need to adjust auto tranny linkage (easy), maybe gas filler tube (maybe not on 1"), steering shaft, tranny linkage, and fan shroud if it comes close to the fan.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 06:22 PM
tool

Thanks for the Help. I've been spraying down the bolts, hopefully it'll help. How do I go about adjusting the tranny linkage? Will it need to be cut, and a 1 -inch piece of metal inserted and welded? Thanks again for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 08:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There should be enough rod there to adjust for a 1" body lift. Just loosen bolt...put on lift...then shift the tranny linkage by hand to park (it should already be there, actually), put the gear selector in park, and tighten down the bolt. It may take some little adjustments after the initial setting, but not much else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode