What size rims came stock on my 1983 Blazer diesel - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What size rims came stock on my 1983 Blazer diesel

Hey guys,
Got my first Chevy truck yesterday, a solid 1983 Blazer diesel, 700R4 automatic. It has the Rally Rims on it (is that right?) with the slots around the outside edge (not the 5 slot style). These appear to be the stock rims. I want to fit mud tires to it but I am not sure if the rims are 7 or 8 inch. Can anyone tell me without my havin gto measure? If they are 8 inch I think I can use 32X11.5QR15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's. Thanks, let me know!!

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:30 PM

Re: What size rims came stock on my 1983 Blazer diesel

Well according to the sticker on the door of my friends Diesel K5 it is 15x8. You can fit 33s on 15x8s.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

probably 8"ers and even if they are 7"ers you could probabyl still run a 12.5" wide tire ok and have a stronger bead also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes but can I fit 33's under the wheelwells with 200,000 mile, worn out leaf springs [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I was planning on a 2 or 4 inch lift later, but would be happy with the 32's for now I think. And the price is right (around $150 from tirerack.com) and I can get free mounting/balancing from my brother.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Awesome! Mud tires here I come.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Yes but can I fit 33's under the wheelwells with 200,000 mile, worn out leaf springs

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a sawzall saying we can! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:49 PM

I was fitting 33s on 15x10s with 24yr old suspension (my 78) and all I did was trim the very back corner of my passenger fender (it wasn't even noticeable)... then I got bored and cut to fit 35s with no lift... [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 02:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I might end up cutting and using flares, but for now, I am keeping it stock looking with very good tires for winter/snow/mud/sand. I don't like to drive really tall trucks but 2 or 4 inches is no problem and I shouldn't have to modify the driveshafts or anything like that, I don't think. And should still have a relatively good ride.

Brian
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 02:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd stay away from those bushwacker cut out flares. Buddy got them and they are flimsy and we are not impressed.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:33 PM

i was pricing springs the other day,
Rough Country 2 inch lift Full springs was like 370
replacement heavy duty springs(stock Height) was like 360 roughly, this was out of a JC Whitney i had. so it will vary where ya look. just an alternative if ya dont wanna trim fenders. HIGHSIERRA has 33 by 12.5 i think or 22 by 10.5s with a 2 inch lift and no triming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode