i finally got pictures of my truck on the web - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 10:33 PM
87sm465np208

i finally got pictures of my truck on the web

click on the blue chevy on the webpage. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

web page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 06:50 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: i finally got pictures of my truck on the web

Nice looking truck. I like the mud, that is how they should look all the time.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 10:21 PM
87sm465np208

i found her in a small town in northern illinois, trucks are scarce out here, and if they are out here most of the stuff that i want to work ,dosnt work [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] , so i was pretty lucky to find this truck [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] yea i mud it from time to time, now it is full of snow and road salt, but yea, it is a cool truck, the only one like it in the town [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 12:02 AM
87sm465np208

so what did ya'll think of my pictures? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 12:27 AM

Paint the truck John Deere Green with the Yellow racing stripes, and the Deer logo on the hood, then add more mud. =)

But cool regardless. =) .. nasty rustification though =(
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 05:40 PM
87sm465np208

hmmmmmmm john deere green, thats a thought, i was thinknig of paiting the whole bottom half, like up to the top of the body crese (up to about the mirrors of the truck) black on the bottom, leave the top blue. i was thinking of calling it the blue fighter, because of the black and blue, and i use the truck hard sometimes. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 09:17 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

What's it got in it/on it? It looks like a strip model, eh? It does have cruise and air conditioning though.

I bought an 87 2wd Saturday for the spider gears...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 10:51 PM

Nice Rims, i got the same ones, i would recomend a new tail pipe although
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 11:37 PM
87sm465np208

well the tail pipe would be good, but if im gunna do that, im gunna say ****it and put dual exaust on it. my truck has a 350tbi\sm465\np208 combo running to a rear 12 bolt (the stock rear 10 bolt blew up) and the stock front 10 bolt, 3.08 gears in both and they are both open, not locked. 33x12.50's on the truck, i got a roll bar on the back, black, bolt in (got it for 40$) and the ligths are 100watt spot beams that i got for 10$ a peice at k-mart when the had their close out sale, used orange extension cord to run the lights [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. i got the grillie gard from my uncle, who got it for free from someone else, it is for an older truck, but it bolted up with minimal problems, and i put two 55watt fog beams on that (found those in the garage) and i have a rear reverse light for 10$ at autozone, big mistake, next time i will get a flood light insted of the spot beam, i put a skid plate on it after i hung up the t-case and draged that on the ground [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img], that sucked. and yosimitie sam is my partner straped to the front of the truck, my mom found him in the garbage, the people had a garage sale and threw out what they couldnt sell, so my mom picked him out and told me to do somthing with him, well i saw Taz on the front of a truck so i said what the hell. i have a old 89' cobra cb in the truck, i need to get a better antena, i have a P.A. hooked up as well [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i know i can get in trouble with it, but i dont care. i have a gun box behind the seat that i keep stuff in, i put a newer non-rusted class 3 reces hitch so i have a rear pulling point, got that off my friends 83' half ton 2wd.

-my future plans are to maybe replace the front springs, they settled and sag. change the oil in the motor. and possibly fix my air conditioning for next summer. but if it means big $$$$ im gunna say forget it. i can just drive around with my windows open, and a wet towel on my head and my dr. pepper in my can-cooler.

be deb be deb be deb......thats all folks [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 11:47 PM
87sm465np208

oh wrath, yes it is bare bones,it didnt even come with a sterio from the factory [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], prvious owner put on in tho [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] it has a rubber floor, lock out hubs, standard trans, dummy lights, it has a\c but it dosnt work. yea it was the standard custom delux model, hand motorized windows and door locks, but to tell you all the truth, i wasnt looking for power windows and door locks, in my mind id rather crank up the window then rely on electricity to do it for me. or reach over and open my door then rely on a motor to do that for me, unless i was a 60 year old man, then i would want that stuff. auto trans would be nice, but not a 700r4, which was the standard trans for auto in the 80's [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. and its a shortbed, which makes menovering in tight areas much easier then a long bed [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], so its sorta like a K-5 in ways. and it has a bench seat with the standard rip and tear on the drivers side, i coverd that up with a blanket with wolves and snow on it, i cut holes for the seat belt, i hold it on there with safety pins on all 4 seat mounts, works great [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode