help sunk truck water in trans - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 05:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

help sunk truck water in trans

help i just took my chevy on 44s out for the first tim friday night and i got stuck in a water hole. i was there for a while then engine died and i got pulled out and towed home. i havent tried to start the truck since then. i have water in my tranny and its is pink. it was just rebuilt oh yea its a th400. if i drop it and drian it out and do the same with the torwue converter will it be fine. Or do i have to get it rebuilt again. The truck was stuck for about a day and a half and i also have water in moter. i drained the oil and am about to pull out spark and turn over moter. any other suggestions to save my truck will be appreiated. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 08:16 PM
87sm465np208

Re: help sunk truck water in trans

damn automatics, no j\k. what id do is dran the oil in the trans, run it, drain it again, fill it back up and run it again through the prndll with your foot on the brake, this will most likely work to get the water out, or you can have it flushed out, which is what everyone will say to do. of corse do that after you get the H20 out of your motor, good luck [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], sounds like a great truck, no auto for me, just a 465. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 08:52 PM

OK this is where you start!!! go down and get three cases of fluid and take your lines off at the rad. get three foot of hose
and put it on your top line and put it in a 5 gal bucket and start your truck and let it pump out all of the old fluid out
and keep dumping new in until all the pink is gone and it is
red,that is the only way to get it all out.If you let it stay in the trans more than a day it will start to rust and eat the bands
as they are little more than cardboard,some times your tranny will last for 30,0000 and some times 300 but you have to get it out fast as you can,i had to do a 2002 chevy avalanch
this way over the summer that was stuck to the frame in
4 foot of water in the river!!!! need to say my family member would not let me take any pic's would have been nice to
be able to post them here,i was up to my waist in the river
with a high lift jacking the tires out of the gravel and putting boards under all four so i could pull his drunk ass out at
2:30 in the morning. IT WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE TIME'S
YOU HAD TO BE THERE!!! IFS suck i had to pull him out
with a good truck a k30 SFA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 06:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

if you had water in the motor, and it has been sitting for a few days watch out. Pull all of the plugs out. Put a little bit of oil in each cyl, and let it sit for a while. (with the oil in there) Then turn it over to get any of this water and what not out of there. Put some more oil in there, let it sit again... turn it over, replace the plugs. Drain the oil. Fill it back up with some cheap oil. Run your truck for a day, then change the oil agian. make sure what comes out looks like oil. If it is milky at all then change the oil again the next day until the oil looks right.
Do you have any pics of your truck. I love 44's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 10:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yes i will post wome pics of it in a day or so. I finally got my friend to take some digital pics of it. and i will post up the stuck pics also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode