Trying to find a good quaity lift for my 1975 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 10:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Trying to find a good quaity lift for my 1975

Well I am a little flustered!! Can any one tell me of a good lift Kit for an 1975 Chevy Truck? I Want about a 6" lift. Also what kind of problem will I have with this lifting project? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 07:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Trying to find a good quaity lift for my 1975

I refer Tuff Country lift kits. They have the lowest spring rate and are decent priced too. Big thing with 6" lift would be driveline mods and steering correction.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 05:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard good things about Tuff Country lifts. How soft are you talking? I run a Hobby Stock racecar here at home and need to be able to pull the car with this truck, would the lift kit's springs be to soft? And would I have to drop my transfer case with a 6" lift? I know about have ing to replace the steering arm, are there any other steering problems besides that??? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but this is My frist lift and I do want to do it right. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Mud in my Veins

www.bds-suspension.com

Ride great, keep their lift height, flex well, priced right, and you can't beat their warranty. Quality and capability wise, the Tuff Countries sound similar, but BDS is from Michigan and so am I, so I'm biased. The warranty helps decide it though.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 09:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have pulled a few trailes with my truck but nothing too big and never had problems. I would think if you left the sway bar on the front you would be fine.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 06:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I used a Skyjacker Springs w/ORD Greasable bushings and all 12-points and heavy duty front shackles. You will need to lower your sway bar, (raised steering arm still comes up short w/ a 6" lift when turning to the right) transfer case will need to be lowered or rear drive shaft will need to be lenghtened. Super Lift makes a front drive shaft spacer. Be sure to add new brake lines. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 03:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What would I do about Pinion Angles? Would a 6" lift create a problem with them? Will I be purchaseing a lot of u-joints for putting them in such a bind? [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 04:57 PM

you can drop the T-case down. MNorby did that. you could always get 2 inch rear springs, and do a shackle flip to give you 4 inchs life. also if you need to pull a trailer there are always those Firestone Helper AIrBags, in a 4x4 mag i have they did it to a Tahoe or Suburban and it helped alot
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I put 1" spacers between my frame and crossmember and that helped but is not a fix, just a bandaid. When I can afford it I am gonna do a fixed yoke conversion on my 241 then get CV drivelines built and take the drop out again. By dropping the t-case you actually hurt your front driveline angle. If it is a long bed you proably won't have as much problem but on a shorty or K5 the angles can get pretty steep.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 10:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

For once in my life I have lucked out!!! I actually have a long bed truck.. So with that said what kind of problems? [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode