Cought truck on fire. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cought truck on fire.

Yep, went 4 wheeling Sat with Patricks new crew cab truck. well about 1/2 hour into it while climbing a hill all of a sudden smoke and fire from under the truck. Pulled it down and we proceedude to use some water, dirt, and mt. dew and pepsi to put the fire out. Didn't take my truck then so didn't have my fire ext or Joe haddent got his put into his new white truck from old brown yet. Also, don't use antifreeze to put out fires either, doesn't help. I didn't get any pics with the fire but here are some at the end of and after the fire issue. Since the front end damage we used a strap to hold the hood down. Took the strap off and litterally broke the latch getting the hood open.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 947730-Fire01.jpg (61.0 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Cought truck on fire.

after the fire was out. Only 2 burned wire that where aux for the stereo and burned carpet and boot. The fuels lines rubbed through on the tranny and spewed fuel all over. Fuel injection to so higher PSI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 947735-Fire02.jpg (61.4 KB, 9 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

bottom of cab got hot and started carpet on fire and melted shifter boot too. Is wet in pic too from dumping mt. dew on fire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 947736-Fire03.jpg (60.2 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Patrick after it all. Cut his hand cause he was literally ripping pop cans in half to put the fire out with. Hold my Mt. Dew and watch this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 947739-Fire04.jpg (61.2 KB, 9 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 10:35 AM
ratlover

That sucks but atleast she wasnt a total loss.....good thing it wasnt the black beast.

I bet a fire extingisher would have worked much better than mountian dew [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 10:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah, we're buying him an ext for X-mas. He side hilled the hill in teh background too. He was climbing it and lost it so was backing down and I was filming and saw teh fire on teh ground form the gas on the driveline spinning everywhere. Yelled at him and he couldn't get truck started after it died so he rolled back down and started that was then put it in gear and nailed it and turned around using the hill. Very very scary moment.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 11:37 AM

I had an experience with fire in my Jeep once. The power steering pressure line burst while turning around and all of the hot fluid sprayed onto the exhaust manifold. Flames came flying out from the left front fender and up past my arm with the window down. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] We finally put it out with a Pepsi Cola and luckily the only thing that was hurt from the flames was the pressure hose that had burst and some matting on the underside of the hood. If the gas station hadn't had a 1Liter for the price of a 20oz the jeep would have been gone. I figured i'd share my fire experience in the Jeep. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Ever since that incident with the powersteering line I've had an extinguisher within arms reach in both the AMC and the diesel.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 12:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have my little one in the front driver side bed corner but I'll probably mount that into the cab and put a bigger one back in the bed
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 01:16 PM

I have a decent sized one behind the seat by the driverside speaker in the diesel. The one in the Jeep is a little smaller but i have it on the floorboard of the back seat. Neither one are held down with the clamps [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] but they are there if i need them.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

You might want to fasten the one down in the Jeep. My cousin's old shop teacher recently got in an accident. His bowling ball was in the back seat of his extended cab pickup. It bounced around in the cab broke his jaw and cheekbone among other things. It was altogether a bad accident but the bowling ball didn't help any.

I used to leave stuff loose in the truck but I don't anymore. I get nervous even leaving my backpack on the passenger side floor.

It's just something to think about. I still have a lot of junk behind my seat that isn't fastened so I think I might have to find some way of retaining it. Perhaps I can find a seat somewhere that latches..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode