New to me fenders on and trimmed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

New to me fenders on and trimmed

Here's some pics [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

and another
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 03:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: New to me fenders on and trimmed

I still see alot of fender there to cut [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Yah, I know... very sissy-like trimmin, but I'm not ever goin' any bigger than 35s and I figure it's easy to go back and take more off if I need to...

These are trimmed about the same as my others and I've never had any problems...

Before
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 936115-no_rollbar.jpg (29.6 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 03:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I kinda like how you took the chrome trimm and folded back with the cut. Made it kinda a factory look.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Actually, the *cough*dickhead*cough* that I bought the truck from did that little trick with the trim. Believe me... it looked A LOT better from a distance.... I'm not sure if I'm gonna put trim back on or not yet....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 04:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would cut it like we did joe's and cut from the top bend down instead of the middle so there isn't a bend in the middle of the down-side. Mine is kinda cut like your just more of an angle and I plan on cutting mine to the top next time.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 09:56 PM
Can't Get Enough

I don't thin the bend looks that bad. It also looks very clean. my fenders look like crap after cutting. But then after a couple trips out, a little more rubbing and tehn kicking them in more with a pair of steel toes they start to take on a rather worn appearance.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 08:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is a side by side comparison. I like how we did Joe's (whity) better than mine and I'm gonna cut mine some more later on.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 11:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mnorby

Here's my $.02 (Yeah, I know you didn't ask for it) Your fenders look good with the way you rolled it back, and made it look OEM. But when you do it again, if you're using Joe's as somewhat of a pattern, the front look ok, it's been trimmed out but is still relatively up-and-down, it's not sloped like the back is. Don't slope it like that if you can help it, looks kind of tacky I think, like old dually fenders taken off the box. Try and trim the front and back of the fender more like Joe's front. Ever see the box on an older dually with the big plastic fender removed? The one I saw was not pretty.

I just went back and looked, shewheeler has her's cut like I was saying. Just a little bit of a slope on the rear of the fender. I just would've rolled it a bit more like yours.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 01:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your talking about the back fenders on the bed right? I haven't even cut my rear fenders yet and haven't had a problem. I like Joe's fronts cause they follow the curve from the top and go down. I'm talking about the front fenders closest to the door. Here is UAV which I basically used as a template to cut Joe's front fenders. I plan on cutting my rear fenders the same and just follow the molding back on cut off a good chunk of sheet metal like this picture shows too:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode