factory rims-77 blazer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 10:29 PM
Rossco

factory rims-77 blazer

Hey everybody..Does anybody happen to know what width the factory aluminum rims from a 77 blazer would be. Some guy about a 100 miles from is selling four rims with 33's for pretty cheap. Does anybody know what the back spacing might be, or care to hazard a guess. I'm hoping to fit these rims and tires on my 86 4runner , I know I would currently have some clearence issues but these rims should be 6 bolt with a 5.5 pattern, right?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Ross
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 02:39 PM

Re: factory rims-77 blazer

The newer 90's 1/2 ton 6 lug wheels are 16x7, these
may be different. I forget if the older rims are 15
or 16's, but i think they 7" wide. I forget the backspacing
but i don't think its changed at all since then, so
the measurement from any 6 lug factor wheel should be
the same.
Just don't hold me accountable for any of that info,
its all an educated guess [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 06:49 PM
Rossco

Thanks Darren, I know they are 15x?, I am assuming they'd have to be 8 inches wide at least in order to have 33x12.5's on them, right? I'm going to have to get a hold of the guy anyway, somebody on the Toyota board told me they might have a different center hole measurement too.
Thanks, Ross
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 08:00 PM
Mud in my Veins

If they are factory they should be 15x8's. The automakers didn't skimp as much as they do now back then, stock 1/2 ton rims were 15x8's into the early to mid 80's if my memory is correct. There were even some 15x10 stock rims in the late 70's. Part of some package. Doubt he has those though. Backspacing should be about 3.5" as well. The center hole may or may not fit over your Toyota hub. I can't say for sure, but the GM hubs were pretty small and the stock rims usually fit right close to them. Try and get the owner to measure them or something?

33's fit fine on 15x7's. Balloon a bit on the sidewalls, but you can find a good psi that keeps the whole tread patch on the ground long before sidewall or belt heat gets anywhere near high enough to worry about. Also works well for keeping the tires on the bead when aired down. Just a tidbit of info there.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 08:52 PM

The stock rims on my 78 Blazer (according to the door sticker and the RPO sticker) were 15x7 rims. GM 1/2 ton 4wd rims will not fit over Toyota hubs, I found this out the hard way when my spare for my old Toyota turned out to be a GM rim [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode