Yeah, I'm nuts but c'mon it's me - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I\'m nuts but c\'mon it\'s me

Lookin for Olive Drab hi-temp spray paint? I want to green-out my engine [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Yeah, I\'m nuts but c\'mon it\'s me

The "DE 1644 Racing Green (Hunter)" is close, but it's probably gonna have a gloss finish.: http://www.dupli-color.com/products/.../highheat.html

And from Krylon:
Color/Item#: Camouflage Olive Drab 8143 http://www.krylon.com/product/s_prod...l.asp?sgID=S18 Doesn't say temperature capabilities....but they do have a High Temperature green, I know it's not Olive Drab, but it's a dark green, here: http://www.krylon.com/product/s_prod...l.asp?sgID=S02

Out of idle curiousity, have you thought of John Deere green? It's a very nice color, but I'm biased, I'm a farmer's son, and have driven John Deere's before I ever drove a Chevy/GMC. Nothing runs like a Deere. Well, that's what their current promo says.

Other links I found:
http://www.indestructiblepaint.com/M.../mil-spec.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1871560032 Don't know if it's High-Temp, but it's Aircraft paint.

That's it for now, I'm not bored enough yet to continue my search, good luck. And do please consider the John Deere, I'd love to have pics of a John Deere green chevy big block for my desktop background....oh...1024x768 would be acceptable, bu I prefer 1280x1024. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 04:54 AM

Most good quality mil spec paint wont burn off a gasoline engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 01:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jason, well what did you decide?

C'mon you know John Deere green would look cool. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Welp, see the thing is I'm painting the willys with olive drab military paint. And I want the engine to match. So I would rather find some OD engine paint... But can't find any...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 04:06 PM
AzzKicker

Thursday I ordered Paint from www.surplusjeep.com to paint my truck Marine Corp. Green. I like this color better than olive drab because its a bit darker.

Anyway, the gallon is 34.00.

I should have truck painted by next saturday [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But that JohnDeer Green sounds cool.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 11:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I GOT IT~! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] You can paint the whole willy's John Deere green, the axles JD green, and them purdy hummer wheels you're getting, can be John Deere yellow. Just like a tractor. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm just tired, don't mind me. Still...

So how goes the hunt for a 6.5TD to work with for the Crew Cab?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Mud in my Veins

I've seen more than a few trucks painted JD Green, living here in the midwest. Personally I think it's pretty tacky.

Now a riced out rice rocket, I'd love to see that. Lowered Honda with a wing, paint it all JD Green, make the rims and the three level wing yellow. Put on of those JD emblems on the hood in place of the Homo.........I mean Honda emblem.[img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 06:00 PM

ive seen a truck CaseIH red, and a ZUk that was john deere green
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 06:19 PM
wrobel

i'm a farmer too, though i grow horses, not crops. JD green is a great idea! which makes me second guess my choice to spray my jimmy flat black. i bet it would look cool JD green...hmmm...maybe a mix of flat black and john deere green. might work. anyway, i also say John Deere green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode