What is it? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 07:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What is it?

Howdy. I have recently bought a 84 GMC C-10. The guy told me the 305 was replaced with a 350. Where would I look to find the #s stamped on the block? Also as far as transmitions (automatic) what usually came in that year truck? I did find the tag on the T-Case and it is a NP-208c. What I can't understand is that the guy left the smog pump on and all the hoses on the exhaust maniflods that inter-connect then run to the smog pump. why in the heck would you leave that on. There is no emitions in most counties around here. Is there a web site that you can cross reference the #'s on the block to find out if it is a 350 or a 305? By the way while browsing all the post I ran accross a link to Chevy duty.com and would like to say thanks. What an awesome parts supplier. Later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 07:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What is it?

could be a TH350 700R4 or possibly a 400. If you have overdrive it's a 700R4. Anyway crawl under the truck look at the tranny pan, if it's square (or close to) you have a 700R4, if it vaguley like texas it's a 400, if it is a square with a corner chopped off 350. You can also look for the modulator, no modulator 700R4, modulator comes off towards the back 350, off to the side it's a 400.
Engine block stamps, there is normally one on the front somewhere not really sure where never looked. Sometimes crate engines have a tag like that on the transfer case on the drivers side of the engine.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 09:21 PM

Re: What is it?

as for the motor look on the back side of the block on the drivers side where the bell houseing bolts to the block and the #s will be forged on the flat lip if it is a late model it will say 5.0or 5.7 and if has 9 or 10 # s you will need to go to mortec.com to check the casting #
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode