EBAY RULES~! CHECK THIS OUT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 11:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

EBAY RULES~! CHECK THIS OUT

I don't normally post ebay stuff, I figure if someone's in the market for parts, they'll probably find it themselves, but this is an awesome deal. What would you all say to a Dana 60 front end, np205, corp 14 bolt, turbo400, and a 454, all in a 1-ton chassis for $300? Pretty sweet deal huh?

Truck is trashed, but I'll let you be the judge, here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1871382545

The guy says it shimmy's at speeds above 30? What do you guys think it is? Warped wheel, bad u-joint? Bent driveline? Whatever it is, that is still worth $300 right? I mean [censored], that's some parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 11:38 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: EBAY RULES~! CHECK THIS OUT

It's not that great of a deal for a 1 ton dually. It'd be a deal if it were a single wheel 1 ton. Chances are the reserve is pretty high on it anyway.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 12:16 PM
Can't Get Enough

My guess is that if he is asking for a $500 deposit within 5 days and the balance due within 2 weeks he expects a lot more than $300.

Laters, Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Duallys still go pretty high and for like $200 +/- [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] wagoneer machine shop will convert dually hubs to single and alot of people like the dually hub and can be sold easily on ebay too
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 09:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wouldn't a dualy D60 be ideal for wide tires? instead of running on some funky offset?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 09:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

there are pros and cons about that. If you keep the dually hubs then you will have to put some sort of spacers in teh back to even them out unless you wanna run 2 different offset rims and if I remember right Shaggy said that with dually hubs you can run a hummer wheels w/o BS changing if you don't wanna go throught the $$ of getting custom hummer wheels even though you can get a smokin deal on them right now if you talk to Shaggy [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

so i could get a dually front D60, sell my regular D60, and get me hammer rims that i want so badly and would be in on them with shaggy if i only knew what offset and tire i was going to run. if i ever do go that route, i will do that, dually D60 next time around (if there is going to be next time)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 08:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

you should probably talk to Shaggy on this being as he knows more but from what I undersand with the dually hub you don't have to change a hummer wheels BS whereas if you buy the hummer wheels with Shaggy you can get a custom BS to work with a SRW fornt end. Correct me if I am wrong Shags
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 10:11 AM

<font color="green"> OK, apparantly (and I haven't verified this) you can run stock Hummer wheels on a Dually D60. the only problem is that you need some MASSIVE spacers on the rear axle in order to make them work back there. The better route is to get the custom backspaced rimes, since spacers can be a little scary. If you want to get the dually hubs, just buy a set off of ebay for $50 or $100, and sell your SRW hubs on ebay. Lately they've been going for about $300 a pair.

Personally, I'd recommend the custom backspaced hummer wheels for a couple reason. First, the hub will stay protected inside the wheel, on a stock Hummer wheel the lockout sticks out past the face of the wheel. Second is the issue with the rear axle I mentioned above. </font color>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 11:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

either spacers out back or run cust offset wheels in the back but then won't be able to rotate tires and might have issues with spare tires not fitting for or aft. Talked to a machinist friend of mine and he didn't think it would be too had to conver the dually hubs to single but he wasn't sure on price. WMS charged like $250 to conver them but I imagine shipping would suck cause those things do weight a decent amount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode