85 Suburban vibration??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 08:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

85 Suburban vibration???

I recently asked a question on this board about my Suburban having an oscilating vibration starting at about 67 m.p.h.. I feel it in my feet and my seat. I have been trying to pay more attention to it and listen a little closer and it appears that the oscilating vibration quickens under accelleration. When Im ascending an incline such as an overpass the r.p.m.'s pick up to maintain a speed of 73 m.p.h.. When the r.p.m.'s pick up the vibration quickens. Once I reach the crest of the incline the r.p.m.'s return to where they were and the vibration returns or slows to where it was. What do you guys think?
Thanks, Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 08:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 85 Suburban vibration???

yea you did recently ask that and you can see how everyone replied no less:
check your old post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 08:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Rusty all Im trying to do is give more symptoms to the guys to get this thing narrowed down to its cause.
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 12:23 AM
87sm465np208

id say check for tighness of bearings like the pinoin bearing, i dont know if suberbans have 2 piece driveshafts, but, id say check for bearing tightness such as the pinion, my 10 bolt pinoin bearings got chewed up by steel filieings from my screwed up gov-loc [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 07:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm not trying to get on anyone's case about anything, but you would be better off posting on your old post. People will then see what other people have already said, rather than repeating the same things. Also maybe someone's other post might spark a thought for someone else, in the end if the subject is the exact same thing, you'll be better off using the same thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode