I Got One Slow Ass K5- NEED HELP - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I Got One Slow Ass K5- NEED HELP

Hey i was woundering if anyone else has this problem with their '89 K5 Blazer. My engine, tranny, and gears are stock and i am running 33in BFG's with a 2in spring lift. My acceleration sucks and my tranny wont shift at anything over half throttle. Im thinking of putting 4.10's in her, but would be a waste of time. Help would be appreciated.

700 R4-Trans
5.7l 350 EFI-Motor
Gears are stock maybe 3.08, not sure
i have [bleep] for acceleration and i wont shift unless i let off. It also shifts late. Over Drive wont kick in till like 65mph and it down shifts into 3rd at 60mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 09:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I Got One Slow Ass K5- NEED HELP

sounds to me like your TV cable is out of adjustment. There are a bunch of posts not to long ago on the board of how to adjust it and everything. Basically it sounds like you want to lower the shifting range and make it so it doesn't kick down at high speeds so have the slider come out a click or two and go from there.
The other thing it could be is that your POS 700R4 is screwing you over like they screw everyone else over. Make sure the fluid doesn't smell burned, and is red rather than brown (if it's black start looking for a nice 400 or 350 tranny to replace it)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 10:50 PM
sayl4u

I would second the tv cable idea,same problem i had with my 92 after the tranny was rebuilt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 07:24 PM
Stroked72blazer

Gears would help too but if you plan on replacing that overdrive with a non overdrive go .373s not .411s unless you think you might step up to 35" tires then .411s would work. If you are going to keep the overdrive then you might even go .456s.
This all asumes fuel millage is an issue if not, .456s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode