I have been considering this swap for a while. Here's what i have gathered in my searches.
1. The 465 has a 10 spline output shaft while the NV4500 has a 32 spline output
2. I believe that if you find a NP205 with short 32 spline female input coupler it will mate with the NV4500.
3. Advance Adapters should provide an adapter to mount the transfer case to the tranny (AA New Venture)
4. This tranny came out in '93 and i think
that the bell housings are the same as older SBC bell housing patterns.
5. There is something with the output shaft of the NV4500 where it needs to be cut down to a shorter length, but I'm not sure that i remember all of it.
And here are some specs on the NV4500:
Make: New Venture Gear
Weight: 195 lbs.
Case: Cast Iron
Top Cover: Aluminum
PTO Ports: Both Sides
Gearing: 6.34, 3.44, 1.71, 1, .73, R 6.34 or,
5.61, 6.04, 1.67, 1, .73, R 5.61