Parts are coming - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 04:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Parts are coming

sweet dude! Doesn't if give you a warm fuzzy feeling when stuff is coming together??? [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 06:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Holy (censored) willys that's got to be what, a 8-9 quart BBC oilpan? Wow, yeah the bottom end of that 454s gonna be a tad cooler now. What else are the parts there, a set of pushrods, and studs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Can't Get Enough

Ummmmm MNorby?? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]Yes it does give me a warm fuzzy feeling when stuff is coming together. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Then I roll over and go to sleep. Sometimes cuddle!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Laters, Ryan
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Fel-Pro Gasket Set
Stefs Oil Pan and Melling Pump
ARP Oil Pump Shaft
ARP Bolt Set
Milodon Splayed 4 Bolt Main Caps
Clevite 77 Cam Bearings

Parts still held hostage by UPS:

496 Forged Lunati/Scat Rotating Assembly including Flex Plate and Balancer
Sealed Power Freeze Plugs
ARP Balancer Bolt
ARP Flex Plate Bolts

The rotating assembly won't be here till next week but the other parts should be here this week. Haven't ordered the heads or induction stuff yet.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 07:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, impressive. Too bad its UPS, FedEx would've gotten you everything by now, or at least I've always had better luck with FedEx...

So you're gonna stroke it to a 496 (4.25 instead of 4.00 right?), and what's that gonna do for you all-in-all? Power, economy, emissions...

You ever get a front drive shaft? And didn't you need to regear one end or the other also?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Woh ok your asking questions on two different trucks here and making me think...

Ok, for the engine for the Willys I am going for all out bottom end torque: Dyno Sheet

Economy? Whats that? [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

For the Truck, yes I need a front shaft, but I can't get that done till I get the rear 4 link done since I need a new rear shaft too so I am going to get both made at same time and save some cash. As far as gears, yes I need to re-gear the rear to match the front and I am waiting on drivetrain direct. They sent me the install kit and locker and carrier, but I am still waiting on the R&P. So, I have to have the gears before I can start the 4 link since I'm going to do the gears while the axle is out of the truck.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, my bad, you've got two 454s to work on so I kinda put the two together for a sec. I stunderand now.

The willys is gonna be one hell of a ride when you're done. How come we see more picks of your Crew Cab than we do of the willys on here?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 06:49 AM
ratlover

How much did that purdy pan set you back? Have fun polishing it after it gets coverd in mud [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Whats your goal of a stroked rat!? Economy....hehehe Thats a good one [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

I post pics of whatever I'm working on currently. Lately I have been trying to get the white truck done, but a few months ago or 6, I was going full bore on the willys. I can only work on one at a time and never quite seem to finish one or the other [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Umm, the pan with Melling race pump with fully welded pickup installed was 339.95.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode