Dana 44 hubs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dana 44 hubs

I just found this board, looks like there's a lot of good information here. I've got a 70 Chevy C30 Longhorn, I'm converting to 4x4. I'd like to find a couple of sets of original Dana Spicer locking hubs for the external style six bolt hubs. I've got two of these axles, but both were from full time 4x4 trucks, and I've got a 400 Turbo/ NP 205 setup (I'm rounding up parts for) behind my Rat. Anyone know where I can find some of those hubs?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 09:19 PM
87sm465np208

Re: Dana 44 hubs

What I would do is find a salvage yard by your house, call there to see if they have those axles, if they do grab a enthusiastic\knowlageable buddy and go to the salvage yard, search, search and search some more till you find them. also bring some tools, that also helps, but you probly already know that [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. good luck, or try a chevy dealership ive heard of people even getting stuff from there on some items. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 09:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The local yards are pretty well picked over here. Those axles were only used till about 75 or 76, and you just don't see them around. This area was a real hotbed for the 4x4 action, a lot of trucks got used up, and few are around these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 07:03 AM

Man, my uncle used to have a long horn, quite a beast. Does it have the 8 bolt hubs or the big 6 bolt hubs, ? I have the GM part number for the hubs but there pricey, warn probably still makes replacements too. If you have an on highway truck shop near you like Parts for trucks, they can usually get that kind of stuff pretty easy too.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 08:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

This is an 8 lug C30 I'm converting. The place that had original Dana Spicer hubs for my 44 sold out long ago, when i had another truck. And according to Dana, they don't make them anymore. Since I have a speed and machine shop, I have a wholesale account with the Chevrolet parts depot here, but GM doesn't have them anymore, at least that's what I was told a few years ago. I have a Dana 70 closed knuckle front end with the big six pattern, drum brakes, and a set of broken lockout hubs, too, I'm trying to find the stuff to convert it over to 8 lug, disc brakes, and get a set of hubs.

I like your truck, six bangers are cool. I like building the 292, you can get big power and torque from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode