New guy with a few ?'s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 10:25 AM
76chevy350

New guy with a few ?\'s

I just bought a '76 lwb with a 350 and 4" lift and now I'm dreaming of all the things that I want to do to it. It already has 315/75r16 (that's about the same as 35's, right?), but they rub a little in the front of the front fenders. I'm thinking about getting some cut-out flares for it, but I can't find any for my year, just '88+. Also, does anybody know a good place to find heavy duty front bumpers/pushbars for these trucks. One last thing, I've already got an edelbrock performer intake and 600 cfm eps carb, but I need to know what kind of headers you guys would recommend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 12:56 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: New guy with a few ?\'s

315/75R16's are basically 35x12.5R16's. Tend to run a little bit taller and a hair narrower than 35x12.5R15's. To fit them with a 4" lift you should only need to trim the front fenders some, no need for cut outs. Bushwacker does make cut outs for your truck, they have for decades.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Personally, before I went and spent money on headers or any of that, I'd ditch the Edelbrock carb for a rebuilt and tuned QuadraJet. You'll never find another carb that runs as well, especially offroad, as a well tuned Quadrajet. Unless that is an Edelbrock QJet.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 01:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: New guy with a few ?\'s

I like my quadrajet alot. I have hooker comp headers and they do really good and only cost $150 from summit or jegs. They make cut out flair but it is just as easy to trimm the fenders like the pics on other current threads here. AJM is right about the tire size. I run 315/75 on 4" and a little trimming. fitting the tires on a 8" wide rim helps for clearance to compared to 10" wide rims. For the edelbroke carb you can get an off-road kit that is supposed to help. Shaggy on here has that I think and likes it pretty well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode